The New Raith Rovers Thread

Forget how many goals or games he’s played, when he is on the pitch he’s an absolute joy to watch. His touch, passing and vision is above championship level with a doubt in my opinion. The best player we have produced since wee Mickey. 

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Agree with this completely. If you want to see a player getting better in the minds of the support after they've left, you only need to look at Grant Anderson. Most people, myself included, are saddened that we've lost a player who has been a brilliant servant for the club but we've gone up a level. While it's disappointing that he's left the club after signing a new deal, a small number of folk were getting upset because he's got two goals in two games for Kelty against teams they've pumped on a regular basis (just actually looked and there's a post a post from yesterday saying the same).

Nobody can say with any certainty how Vaughan will get on. In fact, I'd go as so far to say he's one of the few players where you can't comment with any certainty at all given how precarious his injury position is.  The sad reality is that we'll never see Vaughan fulfil his full potential he had when he was coming through - we've seen both Shankland and Nisbet go on to Scotland caps and goals in the top flight and the early potential of Vaughan suggested he could have done the same. One cruciate injury is bad, two is horrendous, but three is pretty much unheard of. As you say, the most important thing is game time for the lad. It's incredible to think he's still only 24. Even if we need to spend time building him up, I'd rather we take our time in a restricted season to do it. 

52 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Must have missed that Nisbet Scotland cap.

Any person would read that as BA meaning Nisbet has gone on to score goals in the top flight (and Shankland to do both), not quite sure why you haven't? 

Any person would read that as BA meaning Nisbet has gone on to score goals in the top flight (and Shankland to do both), not quite sure why you haven't? 

I know that probably wasn’t his intention but his wording most certainly implies both have gone on to play for Scotland and score goals in the top flight. If you didn’t know the facts of the matter I don’t see how you’d interoperate that any differently.

Vaughan is missed potential really he has the vision and the skill to comfortable play at championship level. The injuries have fucked him up though and if he can have a career after these he will be doing well. I think he will be one that retires early as the wear and tear is already a key factor, hopefully he can have at least another 10 years playing.

I'd love to see him have a run in this team especially linking up with Hendry and Tait.

Summary of comments from Livi forum on Lars:

Lokotsch on loan to Raith until January. Makes sense given his recent lack of action.

Yep, management obviously rate Poplatnik higher so good for him to go out and get some game time. Liked what I saw of him so hope he does well at raif.

I'm quite disappointed as I thought he looked pretty comfortable in the premiership. He'll do well in the championship as he's very physical...sometimes gives away daft fouls where he's a bit overzealous but a good touch, brave, strong and fairly quick. I'll be keeping an eye on rovers while he's there.

Some good signs (strong and good in the air) but a bit naive. Too early to tell honestly.

When he signed for us in summer he said that he wanted to experience a different culture and improve his English.  One out of two ain't bad, how he's gonna understand the Fifers ............

Sounds like what they've seen is pretty useful for us, looking forward to hopefully seeing how he and/or The Count do at Dundee!

8 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Agree with this completely. If you want to see a player getting better in the minds of the support after they've left, you only need to look at Grant Anderson. Most people, myself included, are saddened that we've lost a player who has been a brilliant servant for the club but we've gone up a level. While it's disappointing that he's left the club after signing a new deal, a small number of folk were getting upset because he's got two goals in two games for Kelty against teams they've pumped on a regular basis (just actually looked and there's a post a post from yesterday saying the same).

Nobody can say with any certainty how Vaughan will get on. In fact, I'd go as so far to say he's one of the few players where you can't comment with any certainty at all given how precarious his injury position is.  The sad reality is that we'll never see Vaughan fulfil his full potential he had when he was coming through - we've seen both Shankland and Nisbet go on to Scotland caps and goals in the top flight and the early potential of Vaughan suggested he could have done the same. One cruciate injury is bad, two is horrendous, but three is pretty much unheard of. As you say, the most important thing is game time for the lad. It's incredible to think he's still only 24. Even if we need to spend time building him up, I'd rather we take our time in a restricted season to do it. 

Bit ott with that response, anyone that knows about football can see that Vaughan is a top player. 

John McGlynn may have to stay away for 6 weeks as this seems to be the current post-op advice. Need to avoid any infection when the immune system may be compromised. I see that the donateaticket.com/donate/raith-rovers/ is still running. A good way to keep helping Rovers as it may be months before fans can attend matches.
He and his household must self isolate for 14 days post op.

8 hours ago, Enigma said:

I know that probably wasn’t his intention but his wording most certainly implies both have gone on to play for Scotland and score goals in the top flight. If you didn’t know the facts of the matter I don’t see how you’d interoperate that any differently.

I wouldn't know how to interoperate at all! 

I'm guessing you're fine with me being pedantic there...

Anyone who watched Vaughan’s late cameo against Falkirk and his game and goal against Peterhead (aye, I know but still) last season can see what a great wee player Vaughan is on his day. Then there’s the famous hat-trick. Then there’s that half season where he couldn’t stop scoring before master tactician Barry Smith decided he was a better holding midfielder. Those moments show what he’s capable of. It’s just that injuries have had such a huge impact on his career.

Edited by Scary Bear

Anyone who watched Vaughan’s late cameo against Falkirk and his game and goal against Peterhead (aye, I know but still) last season can see what a great wee player Vaughan is on his day. Then there’s the famous hat-trick. Then there’s that half season where he couldn’t stop scoring before master tactician Barry Smith decided he was a better holding midfielder. Those moments show what he’s capable of. It’s just that injuries have had such a huge impact on his career.

I’d forgotten we had been playing him in the holding role... Jesus [emoji85]

I won't be getting my hopes up.

I do hope that they sort out Pixellot or bin baldy assistants.

Inverness are making primitive plans for supporters to return to Caledonian Stadium for the visit of Raith Rovers on November 21, after the Highland region was placed into tier one of the new coronavirus restrictions.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/2606803/scot-gardiner-confident-caley-thistle-have-resolved-streaming-issues-after-ai-camera-confuses-assistant-referees-bald-head-with-ball/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

29 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

If fans are allowed back in then that means no PPV for everyone else 

1 minute ago, Offshore Rover said:

If fans are allowed back in then that means no PPV for everyone else 

No it shouldn't, it has already been said somewhere that streaming of games domestically will still take place while Covid restrictions are in place.  the article quoted says there are only looking at 600 odd supporters in the ground so not unrestricted access

2 minutes ago, The Stig said:

No it shouldn't, it has already been said somewhere that streaming of games domestically will still take place while Covid restrictions are in place.  the article quoted says there are only looking at 600 odd supporters in the ground so not unrestricted access

I am sure Raith Tv said that PPV was going to be in place until fans were allowed back in, do you have a link for where it says otherwise? 

11 minutes ago, Mr X said:
12 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:
I am sure Raith Tv said that PPV was going to be in place until fans were allowed back in, do you have a link for where it says otherwise? 

He is 100% correct. Ppv will be allowed until all fans are allowed back in. It's in the spfl ammendments to the rules

Will hold my hands up here. From the SPFl rules :

Restricted Period means the period during the 2020/21 Season when the Club’s Home League Matches have to be played ‘behind closed doors’ or with a reduced capacity, where ground access is being regulated and/or directed by the Scottish Government, Local Licensing Authority and/or the Police or any other body having regulatory authority in these or related matters;