The New Raith Rovers Thread

Surprised we've let him go tbf. He's pretty much a not as good yet Lyndon Dykes. He was slowly but surely warming up to the Premiership.

I guess with the 1-up top we play he might be surplus to requirements, as we have JET/Poplatnik/Tiffoney who can play there, but he's a decent player. Hopefully he bodies a few defenders and gets a couple of hattricks for a few weeks.

3 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Surprised we've let him go tbf. He's pretty much a not as good yet Lyndon Dykes. He was slowly but surely warming up to the Premiership.

I guess with the 1-up top we play he might be surplus to requirements, as we have JET/Poplatnik/Tiffoney who can play there, but he's a decent player. Hopefully he bodies a few defenders and gets a couple of hattricks for a few weeks.

That's what we want, someone to shovel the shite out the way for our marauding midfielders to pile in on goal!

Interesting that Smith is the one doing all the media at the moment. I wonder how long it'll be before McGlynn is back. 

From the looks of things, we've assembled a squad of creative midfielders and we're supplementing them with two big b*****ds up top to cause chaos. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

Could be any reason why Super John isn’t back in the picture though, may have had wee infection or that from the Op.

I suspect, Super John has been doing the graft behind the scenes (from the couch recovering) on what potential signings we’re wanting in etc.

Don’t know anything about that boy from Livi, but he looks fair unit.

33 minutes ago, Wardy said:

I’m guessing Ugwu could be Out for a while then? 

I think Lars is more cover for Ross being likely out with no GAndo behind him. I will say that Lars and The Count certainly look like they will put the fear in more than a few defenders.

27 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Could be any reason why Super John isn’t back in the picture though, may have had wee infection or that from the Op.

I suspect, Super John has been doing the graft behind the scenes (from the couch recovering) on what potential signings we’re wanting in etc.

Don’t know anything about that boy from Livi, but he looks fair unit.

My Missus had gall bladder surgery a few years ago and the recovery for her was really long and slow. She was in hospital for over a week after the OP and took weeks to feel better. If McGlynn has had a similar experience I wouldn't expect to see or hear from him for some time yet.

I'm disappointed Lars has been sent out on loan. Looks exactly the type of player we like upfront. Nice touch, strong, decent bit of pace and eager...sometime a bit too eager and can give away plenty of fouls. Should do well in the championship and hopefully we'll get him back slightly more rounded. As someone earlier said he's like dykes but not quite as good...yet.

56 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

That's what we want, someone to shovel the shite out the way for our marauding midfielders to pile in on goal!

Should be good for you if you've goal scoring midfielders, Lars dug out the cross from the byline for Serrano and Holt's one-two before Serrano blasted it into the Celtic net. looked not bad at set pieces too, hitting the bar with a couple of headers and scoring from one in the betfred cup game. Hasn't played many games but looked a good prospect from what i saw of him, just needs the game time to sharpen him up.

John McGlynn may have to stay away for 6 weeks as this seems to be the current post-op advice. Need to avoid any infection when the immune system may be compromised. I see that the donateaticket.com/donate/raith-rovers/ is still running. A good way to keep helping Rovers as it may be months before fans can attend matches.

Sounds like a promising signing.

Assuming Ugwu is due back imminently, it might be a little strange, especially if Ross and Vaughan are out for any length of time. But nonetheless, a big striker coming with reasonable reviews from the Premiership can’t be a bad thing.

All hail the BFG.