The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, P.C said:

Would of thought Vaughans exclusion was down to the state of Queens pitch rather than fitness concerns. Tho obviously wouldn't want to rush him back if he isn't in a position to start.

By all accounts Coulson has had a good pre season and the gaps left between injuries and Anderson leaving may grant him (no pun intended) an opportunity to impress. Would much rather see someone given a chance in that position than try to shoe horn someone in just to play them. We missed the width provided by Ross and McD respectively when they went off.

True enough, as it was playing Tait last year that showed us his potential. I hope we are working to sign Hendry beyond May 2021 right now, as someone is going to come calling soon...Tait is less of an immediate concern as he is signed through May 2022. If Bowie was a good enough prospect for Fulham to sign to develop, surely a more polished, but still young,  Hendry will be of interest to at least English League One or Two, as well as the Scottish Premiership.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

True enough, as it was playing Tait last year that showed us his potential. I hope we are working to sign Hendry beyond May 2021 right now, as someone is going to come calling soon...Tait is less of an immediate concern as he is signed through May 2022. If Bowie was a good enough prospect for Fulham to sign to develop, surely a more polished, but still young,  Hendry will be of interest to at least English League One or Two, as well as the Scottish Premiership.

No issues if Hendry goes in the summer, we are extremely lucky to have him and he’s done brilliantly for us

Hendry is a privilege to watch at times and Tait looks like he could be of similar quality.

It's a bit depressing knowing that this will probably be Hendry's (and maybe one or two others if we do well) last season with us and that we are likely to be restricted to watching most of it on a laptop.

Post Dumfries there were a couple of rumours circulating regarding LV, one was that he had a tight hammy which is believable given that it's what's usually a chunk of it that is used to repair ACL's, the other rumour is that he is still having scar tissue issues. Perhaps it's Scar tissue on a hamstring, also possible.

Either way he was talking to a Rovers fan on Friday afternoon and said then that he doubted he was fit enough to play at Palmerston.

Hendry will be free to talk to prospective suiters in January and I know our previous Chairman was confident that a deal could be struck that'd see him extend his contract. However Bill Clark is away and nothing so far has been forthcoming (perhaps again no news is good news) though I'd doubt John Sim will want to see him leave for free in May, I'd love to see Regan stay longer even if only to see him make us a £ or ££, I'm sure he will go to a better club at some point but I'd hate to see him only make a small step and go to a middling club. I'd expect if he stays in Scotland it'll hopefully be for someone a lot further up the tree like Aberdeen or Hibs but wouldn't rule out a club like Hearts Dundee Utd or Motherwell. As for Pars, Dundee, St. Mirren, Livvi etc? It's always a possibility but I canny see it.

Hopefully the Count will also be amenable to extension talks along with the new and improved (fully fit) Dan Armstrong.

If you want to talk dreaming for Hendry, he would fit very nicely into a certain scheme south of the border. It may sound crazy, but English Premiership and Championship teams have plenty of resources to take a talented youngster and develop them into their system, and the current Leeds United system depends on high motor, skilled and visionary players (much like MC as well). We could certainly hope someone in that program, or more likely a program looking to emulate their success, is looking around for the next young talent.

Post Dumfries there were a couple of rumours circulating regarding LV, one was that he had a tight hammy which is believable given that it's what's usually a chunk of it that is used to repair ACL's, the other rumour is that he is still having scar tissue issues. Perhaps it's Scar tissue on a hamstring, also possible.
Either way he was talking to a Rovers fan on Friday afternoon and said then that he doubted he was fit enough to play at Palmerston.
Hendry will be free to talk to prospective suiters in January and I know our previous Chairman was confident that a deal could be struck that'd see him extend his contract. However Bill Clark is away and nothing so far has been forthcoming (perhaps again no news is good news) though I'd doubt John Sim will want to see him leave for free in May, I'd love to see Regan stay longer even if only to see him make us a £ or ££, I'm sure he will go to a better club at some point but I'd hate to see him only make a small step and go to a middling club. I'd expect if he stays in Scotland it'll hopefully be for someone a lot further up the tree like Aberdeen or Hibs but wouldn't rule out a club like Hearts Dundee Utd or Motherwell. As for Pars, Dundee, St. Mirren, Livvi etc? It's always a possibility but I canny see it.
Hopefully the Count will also be amenable to extension talks along with the new and improved (fully fit) Dan Armstrong.

Did Armstrong not sign a 2 yr deal in the summer anyway or did I just dream that?

If you want to talk dreaming for Hendry, he would fit very nicely into a certain scheme south of the border. It may sound crazy, but English Premiership and Championship teams have plenty of resources to take a talented youngster and develop them into their system, and the current Leeds United system depends on high motor, skilled and visionary players (much like MC as well). We could certainly hope someone in that program, or more likely a program looking to emulate their success, is looking around for the next young talent.

Hendry, classy as he is, lacks the pace to play at the highest level. He would fit in fine in a Scottish Premiership team, outwith the big guns but I think England’s top two leagues would be unrealistic for him.

29 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Hendry, classy as he is, lacks the pace to play at the highest level. He would fit in fine in a Scottish Premiership team, outwith the big guns but I think England’s top two leagues would be unrealistic for him.

Don’t fully agree there, as there is quite a bit more than “pace”, and he is still developing...but your point is well taken. I would expect him to easily slide into an English League One or Two side or any of the bottom half Scottish Premiership teams if signed by them. His ceiling is still unknown, as the lad has a drive to him.

11 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Hopefully a left back who can also play left in an attacking midfield three as well as up front. Lots of them around!

Makes a change from the midfield maestro we always wanted. Now we have them in abundance...😂

Edited by Wardy