The New Raith Rovers Thread

Any word on the injury front lads?

Bene was a dead leg so can’t see that being much of an issue

MacDonald confirmed on twitter this morning, that his hamstring was just mega tight, that he should be all good to go again.

Ethan Ross left the ground on crutches and requires a scan now so that’ll be a bit longer term.

No idea on Ugwu, starting to think he doesn’t exist.

No idea on Vaughan either. That may have been just to protect him from the poor surface down in Dumfries.

1 minute ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

MacDonald confirmed on twitter this morning, that his hamstring was just mega tight, that he should be all good to go again.

Ethan Ross left the ground on crutches and requires a scan now so that’ll be a bit longer term.

No idea on Vaughan either. That may have been just to protect him from the poor surface down in Dumfries.

That's a shame, I've been impressed with Ross so far. Final ball isn't great, but he's so good on the ball he's pulling defenders all over the place.

18 minutes ago, Duncypoo said:

That's a shame, I've been impressed with Ross so far. Final ball isn't great, but he's so good on the ball he's pulling defenders all over the place.

Yeah I would fancy Duku and our attacking midfield trio of Armstrong, Tait and Ross to cause most teams bother. And there's the possible introduction of Vaughan to factor in. 

I do think we might need to dip into the loan market this week if Ross or Ugwo are likely to be out for more than a couple of weeks. 

I had heard Ugwu is back in training this week coming.

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

Standard Rovers luck, let Anderson go and straight after lose Ross to injury.

it was inevitable one of the forwards were going to get injured at some point.

Letting go of the only fit backup player we have seems a rather stupid decision and has nothing to do with bad luck. 

I'm not even Anderson biggest fan and feel like a c**t for being negative after the start we have had, but I  just don't understand why we have punted him to Kelty when we have only one fit winger and one fit striker left now. 

Letting go of the only fit backup player we have seems a rather stupid decision and has nothing to do with bad luck. 
 I'm not even Anderson biggest fan and feel like a c**t for being negative after the start we have had, but I  just don't understand why we have punted him to Kelty when we have only one fit winger and one fit striker left now. 
In this case iv absolutely no problem with the old "can't stand in the boys way" saying. He's obviously not moving up a level but he is looking to play every week and after the service he has given us I'm happy enough to let him move on for that purpose. It does leave us light but with his wage gone it may mean we see someone else come in. Time will tell on that.

Anderson leaving also means we’re training on Tuesday and Thursday nights purely for the benefit of having Kieran MacDonald. He’s contracted until 2022 but you’d presume that’ll be looked at in the summer.

Anderson leaving also means we’re training on Tuesday and Thursday nights purely for the benefit of having Kieran MacDonald. He’s contracted until 2022 but you’d presume that’ll be looked at in the summer.
That's a good point. You could argue that it's for mcgurn also but he's unlikely to feature this season. Macdonald has been an excellent signing and use of whatever we got from the pars for Murray. If we could tempt him to go full time id be happy but I do still think there is benefit in the hybrid model for a championship club.

2 hours ago, RR #1 said:

Letting go of the only fit experienced backup player we have seems a rather stupid decision and has nothing to do with bad luck. 

That reads better. We have, of course, Coulson that can play left wing, and perhaps Arnott...or could use Smith or Mahady alongside Duku as, effectively, second strikers/wingers.

Yeah I'dike to see Coulson play. I mean if really wanted you could have Vaughan in there as well...
In fairness no one knows how Vaughan is fitness wise. He was left out of the squad yesterday and its not as if he isn't known to be injured unfortunately.

52 minutes ago, TheTwoPointOne said:

Hope we're not intruding guys, but we just wanted to say our latest Championship column (out every Monday morning) was on Raith Rovers' tactics and how they've really taken the league by surprise

We all ran an interview with Dylan Tait (and John McGlynn) last month too, which may be of some interest! 

You have to pay to read these 

Would of thought Vaughans exclusion was down to the state of Queens pitch rather than fitness concerns. Tho obviously wouldn't want to rush him back if he isn't in a position to start.

By all accounts Coulson has had a good pre season and the gaps left between injuries and Anderson leaving may grant him (no pun intended) an opportunity to impress. Would much rather see someone given a chance in that position than try to shoe horn someone in just to play them. We missed the width provided by Ross and McD respectively when they went off.

In fairness no one knows how Vaughan is fitness wise. He was left out of the squad yesterday and its not as if he isn't known to be injured unfortunately.