The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 hours ago, TxRover said:

Noticed a couple of questions on the RaithTV chat about if a replay is available to those who purchase a game. I know some teams do that, and it would seem to add value at little cost, unless I’m missing something.

11 hours ago, grumswall said:

It would mean the volunteer's who already do more than enough have more to do. The quality of the stream on top of the half time stuff, which has been based around all 4 teams thus far is surely worth £12?

10 hours ago, TxRover said:

Absolutely agree, but if there is a way, adding value at negligible cost would seem a win. I’m not asking the volunteers to make it happen, perhaps the club could offer a little assistance to help support the streaming income stream.

I'd be interested in this as when I'm away offshore I can only stream highlights, if it was available to download even just for for a day or two after the game it'd be tremendous.

The servers and bandwidth ensemble offshore mean that I cannot stream audio never mind live video.

Raith TV are head and shoulders the best thing about the club over the last 4 or 5 years. And to think it’s all done by volunteers giving up their spare time makes it even more impressive. The matchday stream is absolutely superb. 

Agree completely - new subscriber since I moved abroad and I was shocked at the quality of the broadcast.

Not sure how many regular ex-pat subscribers we have generally but throw in PPV and the RaithTV team were and are an integral revenue and value add for the club.

Deserve all the credit they get and more.

9 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Raith TV are head and shoulders the best thing about the club over the last 4 or 5 years. And to think it’s all done by volunteers giving up their spare time makes it even more impressive. The matchday stream is absolutely superb. 

100% This. I recently spent 3 years over in the USA and I could not praise the lads who do RaithTV enough. As you say it's even better when you realise they are volunteers. Picture is good and i've rarely had any issues buffering, commentary is excellent without the ridiculous bias i've seen on other teams channels and the chat-board is a nice feature which rarely seems to have issues with idiots abusing people. Really enjoyed the new halftime features.  Keep up the excellent work all involved.  

I've done a wee spiel about the rituals of going to a football game and how the game can have positive and negative impact for fans and players alike. If you fancy a wee read then it's here.

Without wanting to go full Scotzine (never go full 'zine), if anyone ever wants to contribute then fire me a DM. I've been thinking over the last few months about how it would be positive to have another place to promote the club (whether it develops into a new club specific forum or podcast). Any constructive feedback is welcome! 

45 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I've done a wee spiel about the rituals of going to a football game and how the game can have positive and negative impact for fans and players alike. If you fancy a wee read then it's here.

Without wanting to go full Scotzine (never go full 'zine), if anyone ever wants to contribute then fire me a DM. I've been thinking over the last few months about how it would be positive to have another place to promote the club (whether it develops into a new club specific forum or podcast). Any constructive feedback is welcome! 

I just realised why we play Dancing in the Streets. Deary me. Went right over my head. 😳 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Scary Bear

21 minutes ago, jennyjoshua25 said:

Gold is considered to keep going forever. This is reason that it has accomplished a significant situation on the world economy. As per the figures gathered after reviews gold price in uae is a significant factor in directing the world business. During the hour of monetary emergency, it is directed that gold value rises.

Send all you can get your hands on to KY1 1SA

7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

No one reported to have signed him, and a search shows him “without club” (for all that’s worth).

He's seemingly signing with Elgin but the deal hasn't been completed yet. Dingwall never really got off the ground with ourselves. One of those players where an injury completely wrecked them. 

On 14/10/2020 at 20:26, Brashy's Boots said:
On 14/10/2020 at 19:34, Grant228 said:
Surely no one believes he's indicating Vaughan? Clearly passing on information regarding Armstrong. 

Clearly not clearly, otherwise no one would see anything different.

Scored twice for Elgin at weekend in their 4-1 win away at Stranraer. Second goal was a penalty.

His brother Russell is an Elgin signed player.

Edited by embow

Grant Anderson has signed for Kelty Hearts. That's come out of nowhere!

I suppose when you think we picked him up from Stranraer last year, and he's not getting any younger, maybe the Championship was a step too far, but it's surprising that the move has just come of the blue at this stage of the season. 

He'll absolutely tear it up in the Lowland League. 

After the shite was his first spell ended, it's a shame he's not had a proper goodbye this time around either. 

https://www.raithrovers.net/45247/grant-anderson-2.htm

Seems totally out of the blue. Wonder what the story is. He never seems to get a decent send off which is a shame.

Ah well, good luck to him and thanks for helping us back to the Championship. 

Edited by Scary Bear

Assume, with his advancing years and limited opportunities, that he’s asked to go and play football. Bitterly disappointed to lose him as he’s been one of my favourite players for years, but really can’t grudge him wanting to see out his career with game time. I’ll never, ever forget that back header at Easter Road, of his beauty of a strike up at Wick. The goodest of good eggs and one of the most likeable players I’ve known. Farewell Grantie [emoji22]

1 hour ago, pantene proV said:

It was Russell who scored them both.

It was indeed!

My apologies for not checking thoroughly. I'm sure I heard Tony's name being mentioned on the Radio Highland sport's round up yesterday morning. 

Right enough. Never assume!

I was surprised we kept him around, and I genuinely didn't think he'd be quite up to it, yet I am really quite miserable to see him go.

Just one of those guys that fans will always love for his sheer effort. Helped that he scored some absolute belters in his time.