The New Raith Rovers Thread

So, given the events at QoS, if Raith were to have their coaching team isolate, could any players coach? Not sure what the SPFL rules are in this kind of a situation, but McGurn obviously has some certificates, does anyone else?

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

So, given the events at QoS, if Raith were to have their coaching team isolate, could any players coach? Not sure what the SPFL rules are in this kind of a situation, but McGurn obviously has some certificates, does anyone else?

I'd imagine we'd have McGurn taking things. Wouldn't surprise me if Anderson/Davidson helped out too.

22 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'd imagine we'd have McGurn taking things. Wouldn't surprise me if Anderson/Davidson helped out too.

What we really need is the Davo-Bene dream team. Bad cop, worse cop combo.

12 hours ago, TxRover said:

Whilst both Gibson and Dobbie have licences, you dont actually need a coaching certificate to take charge in a short term emergency situation.

4 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

4 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I'd never considered a David McGurn managed Raith Rovers before, but now I realise it's all I've ever wanted. 

Yes, but McGurn would likely be knocked out as a member of the coaching/backroom staff...

4 hours ago, renton said:

What we really need is the Davo-Bene dream team. Bad cop, worse cop combo.

Just pictured Bene dressed as the policeman in the Village People...made my morning! Of course Davo would be the leather-clad Biker....off to sign into Raith TV!

2 hours ago, RRPT said:

Anyone else paid for the game, received confirmation that the payment was accepted, but being asked to pay again? Hoping it's just me and the site isn't down. 

Raith TV was a wee bit slow to load...signing in 30+ minutes early helps.

Good to see Frankie playing, slightly concerned about Duku and his bloody knee and wondering how Ross is feeling after those muggings. I guess we didn’t really have anyone by Vaughan to play for Duku, and didn’t want to risk Vaughan.

9 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Raith TV was a wee bit slow to load...signing in 30+ minutes early helps.

Good to see Frankie playing, slightly concerned about Duku and his bloody knee and wondering how Ross is feeling after those muggings. I guess we didn’t really have anyone by Vaughan to play for Duku, and didn’t want to risk Vaughan.

The guys manged to sort it for me, so only missed the first 15 minutes or so :) Was a good game. 

Not sure if RaithTV will be able to cast audio from Palmerston. Do ST holders get away audio too, if broadcast? On that note, while it is a contribution to QoS, their streamed games have received good reviews from watchers for quality of stream.

48 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Not sure if RaithTV will be able to cast audio from Palmerston. Do ST holders get away audio too, if broadcast? On that note, while it is a contribution to QoS, their streamed games have received good reviews from watchers for quality of stream.

Away league audio is free to season ticket holders if we are allowed to broadcast.

Yes, season ticket holders get away audio. Whether they're allowed into all the grounds this season remains to be seen though.

44 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Great result. Good to see Frankie getting a wee run out. Any idea how many not including season tickets signed up today. Also do away fans have to sign up to Raith TV if so do we know how many of them signed up.

Away fans do have to sign up and say what club they support. The club will have to confirm the numbers first before they put anything out so it isn’t as immediate as attendance figures. 

1 hour ago, Roath Raver said:

Away fans do have to sign up and say what club they support. The club will have to confirm the numbers first before they put anything out so it isn’t as immediate as attendance figures. 

FYI, the Pars fans reported almost 1,700 streams sold. lol forward to seeing how we did...don’t expect that, but should be decent.

Another one here who was streaming for the first time and very impressed with RaithTV. Didn't expect as many cameras around the ground while the box in replay is a great touch.

Still in utter disbelief that attempting to sign up and buy a stream at 14:59 wasn't plain sailing. The site didn't load for AT LEAST 30 seconds.

1 star.