The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, Messi Scott said:

I think someone’s slightly bitter about the way things are going for QoS 😉

I am neither up nor down to be honest. However,, I would just like your thoughts on Cochrane tonight. C’mon MS, a few observations isn’t too much to ask.

2 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

I am neither up nor down to be honest. However,, I would just like your thoughts on Cochrane tonight. C’mon MS, a few observations isn’t too much to ask.

Haha a futile attempt to catch me out, anyway he was pretty good tonight tbf 

3 minutes ago, Messi Scott said:

Haha a futile attempt to catch me out, anyway he was pretty good tonight tbf 

What caught your eye though? There must be a couple of examples you can share with me. 🤔

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Again, lots of positives to take from tonight. Duku and Tait were outstanding going forwards. Tait in particular looks a superb prospect. He has a brilliant knack for finding space and put on an inch perfect through ball for Manny's goal. We have to hope Duku's injury isn't too serious as he looks the real deal. Ethan Ross added some impetus on the left when he came on too. 

Special mention for big Nando. We've sat for the best part of a year questioning the guy's ability and how he'll get on. He's by no means first name on the team sheet, but tonight should help give him a degree of confidence. He was definitely our best centre half tonight and didn't have any errors at all. In the run up to the second penalty he made a superb tackle after Benedictus brought down Wighton. There was only one small moment of miscommunication where he and Benedictus misjudged the line but there was a good recovery. 

Aside from that, Vaughan being back is massive. He and Spencer will need game time to get fitness but it's a huge boost for the squad. Hopefully we'll see Musonda and Ugwu return soon too. If we sort the defence out, then I'm confident we can have a good season. It's a trite point but Davidson and Benedictus were the main headaches tonight. It's easy to point the finger at them, but at points they were both really good last season. 

The real test comes against an Arbroath team who'll be looking to make a good start. If we can keep everyone fit....

Reveal hidden contents

Ray Liotta Laughing GIF - RayLiotta Laughing Drunk GIFs

...then I'm optimistic we can kick on. The prospect of having an attack spearheaded by Duku with Vaughan and Armstrong in wider positions, and Hendry, Spencer or Tait behind could be incredible if they're all on form which is unlikely. 

Interesting tonight to see that Ayr and Falkirk both had issues with their streaming services. I'm not sure if there's a list going yet of clubs who have issues, but it might be worth keeping a note of. I can't state enough how glad I am that Raith TV has developed naturally over the course of the last few years. I'm optimistic it could make a huge difference to revenue for us compared to other clubs where people might be reluctant to buy if there's no guarantee you'll get a good stream. 

There’s a pinned topic on PPV links for the Championship. Currently Raith, QoS and Alloa have had successful streaming games. Arbroath has streamed and is fixing the switching issues, the Pars use the system that QoS is borrowing so it's pretty solid, Dundee has loads of experience. Morton had a horrific first experience and may or may not have learnt anything, Ayr should be OK, Hearts has still not addressed how away fans may watch (if they allow it at any reasonable cost) and ICT, who knows?

9 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

What caught your eye though? There must be a couple of examples you can share with me. 🤔

Well if I was to pick a particular moment it would be when he took the ball off Vaughan in the hearts box then nutmegs 2 players and drives into our half and then mesmerises our defence with step -overs and floors mendy. He then flicks the ball up and goes for an over head kick that completely beats the keeper but comes off the bar, so unlucky. 

4 minutes ago, Messi Scott said:

Well if I was to pick a particular moment it would be when he took the ball off Vaughan in the hearts box then nutmegs 2 players and drives into our half and then mesmerises our defence with step -overs and floors mendy. He then flicks the ball up and goes for an over head kick that completely beats the keeper but comes off the bar, so unlucky. 

I thought that was a great move too. 😉

7 hours ago, Messi Scott said:

Thought we were pretty good tonight, hearts are an excellent team and we definitely pushed them tonight. I think that should give the players some confidence going into the league now. 

6 hours ago, qos_75 said:

I thought that was a great move too. 😉

Are you some kind of double act , Stop sharing your love for each other on the forum and rent a room

Highlights from last night. Apologies, I filmed the game last night but I'm not a 'proper' cameraman 🤣 

You'll notice there is commentary, we don't usually have commentary on highlights for a few reasons, and that still stands... however there was an issue with the sound on the recording so it was either use the commentary or have silence during a penalty decision so opted to use it as a one off.

Edited by Roath Raver

Just watched the highlights good to see Vaughan get a run out, cracking goal by Duku, Bene and Davo going to cost us big style this season. Thought Mendy may be the issue not so sure when I see Hearts 3rd goal, Davo caught up field missing a tackle Bene beaten too easily with skill and pace. Hopefully Frankie comes in and shores up the centre of defence or we may need a loan player in there, bearing in mind we only improved last season when the experienced head of Anderson arrived. 

Having watched the highlights , I noticed that when Lewis Vaughn comes on as sub, just look at Neilson and see what he does. 🤔

Maybe it’s just my paranoia and increasing dislike for the man but is he alerting the Hearts players to target Lewis suspect knee? 

Edited by spot on

24 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Just watched the highlights good to see Vaughan get a run out, cracking goal by Duku, Bene and Davo going to cost us big style this season. Thought Mendy may be the issue not so sure when I see Hearts 3rd goal, Davo caught up field missing a tackle Bene beaten too easily with skill and pace. Hopefully Frankie comes in and shores up the centre of defence or we may need a loan player in there, bearing in mind we only improved last season when the experienced head of Anderson arrived. 

Tbf, it's not like Bene and Davo aren't experienced (and I feel like Bene really wasn't at fault for either penalty, 1st never is one and second is an unfortunate slip on a shite surface) and it's not like Ando didn't get ragdolled by Goodwillie at Broadwood. Clearly our starting system last night was totally wrong. 3 at the back with little pace, with full backs being asked to bomb forward was always asking too much of our CBs in terms of playing a higher line to fill in the space. Left way too much room in behind.

Obviously we lost that third goal when we were pushing well forward, but we did look more solid when we went to a back 4.

That's not to say I disagree with you on the whole. I think we do need more pace at the back, but I guess in the mean time we have to find ways around it.

Edited by renton

Having watched the highlights , I noticed that when Lewis Vaughn comes on as sub, just look at Neilson and see what he does. [emoji848]
Maybe it’s just my paranoia and increasing dislike for the man but is he alerting the Hearts players to target Lewis suspect knee? 
I just spotted that too and I think that's exactly what he's doing, the rat.

1 hour ago, Roath Raver said:

Highlights from last night. Apologies, I filmed the game last night but I'm not a 'proper' cameraman 🤣 

You'll notice there is commentary, we don't usually have commentary on highlights for a few reasons, and that still stands... however there was an issue with the sound on the recording so it was either use the commentary or have silence during a penalty decision so opted to use it as a one off.

The camera work is poor tbh.