The New Raith Rovers Thread

As suspected, that is very, very silly defending for the winner. All the number 19 (?) has to do is knock the ball away - in any direction of his choice - with his head. He's got all the time in the world. He could actually just stand stock still and the ball would almost certainly bounce clear. Attempting the overhead kick is madness. I suppose these are the kind of silly mistakes that creep in after six months or so away.

For the penalty, it's less clear cut than I thought at the time, in as much as I think Manny goes down a wee bit easier than is strictly necessary. Or, to put it another way, if he'd been desperately keen to stay on his feet, he could've managed it, particularly having seen the evidence of him ragdolling a couple of defenders about at other points. That said, it's still utter stupidity from the defender. The ball's going nowhere, I have no idea what he thinks he's doing putting his arms up around Duku. 

Thought we shaded it today, but can't really say either side has much in the way of clear cut chances. 

Thought Tait was superb and also impressed with Ross. Duku was quiet after getting in behind a couple of times early doors. Whilst he will obviously be a menace, he didn't look great when dealing with quick balls into feet. Was where we needed him to be for the goal though, fair play. 

All in all though it's great to be back watching the Rovers. Enjoyed the wee videos of Kdy before the game, especially the one of the Main Stand from the bottom of Pratt Street. I'd do anything to be able to walk through those flats and onto Pratt St and see that view. 

Watched the highlights...
Both open play goals were the result of very poor defending, and Duku’s gonna cost us of he keeps infringing on PK’s like that, he was a good 2 yards in the Box before the kick was taken.

Said this at the time. He’s about running alongside Hendry as he strikes the ball, the East Fife players were right to be complaining, definitely should’ve been retaken. Davidson flipped between casual and collected and scatter brained. I can’t lie, the thought of him up against Hearts on Tuesday is giving me a bit of the fear.

Duku's first touch frustrated me more often than not. 

The ball wasn't sticking to him, often leading to dangerous East Fife breaks with either MacDonald or Tumilty racing forward to support the attack. 

If he gets his touch and lay-offs sorted out and can get on the end of the consequent through balls I think he'll score for fun. 

Duku's first touch frustrated me more often than not. 
The ball wasn't sticking to him, often leading to dangerous East Fife breaks with either MacDonald or Tumilty racing forward to support the attack. 
If he gets his touch and lay-offs sorted out and can get on the end of the consequent through balls I think he'll score for fun. 

Mcglynn has shown in the past he can polish up physical players with technical attributes to make them a more dangerous and rounded talent. I’m confident Duku will be the same.

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Mcglynn has shown in the past he can polish up physical players with technical attributes to make them a more dangerous and rounded talent. I’m confident Duku will be the same.

Agreed. 

It's the first of me seeing him and he may just have had an off day with regards to his control for all I know. 

Like you say, McGlynn will sort it out if it is a weak point. 

Don't anyone expects them to be completely 50/50 down the middle but I think they were about as neutral as you could expect given it is RaithTV.
Just like to add some more compliments for RaithTV. My stream stayed up the whole game with only a couple of short buffers. The camera work and commentary were both excellent and the replay feature was very good.

Used to regularly watch games on Raith TV when I lived in the USA and your assessment is about spot on they openly admit to being Rovers fans (obviously) but do their best to give as 50/50 commentary as they can to ensure they’re respectful of the opposition, and I’ve seen a few opposing fans feel they do a decent job of this.

Overall the production was excellent mine buffered a few times in the first half but I was streaming via 4G as I’m still waiting on my Wifi to be connected at my new house. I found when I logged out and back in it resolved the issue and not a single buffer after the break. Anyway first class lads and keep up the excellent work, the halftime segment was nice too instead of just silence for 15 minutes.

Game wise I thought we were very sluggish and slow at the start of both half’s but improved as the game went on. Some decent derby tackles in that one and East Fife took their goal really well no complaints going behind. The penalty, having seen the replay it’s definitely a penalty and I’ve no idea what the defender was thinking. Second half we probably were the better team but East Fife were never out of the game and could have nicked a goal themselves on another night. 2-1 was probably about fair but to lose the late goal will leave a bad taste in the mouths of East Fife fans.

Nice run out for both sides and god it’s good to have some lower league football back on. Best of luck to East Fife for the rest of their season but if you play like that you’ll be fine.

4 hours ago, Roath Raver said:

We caught up with Regan Hendry during the week and made a wee half time feature for yesterday. If you went to your kitchen for a pie at half time, here it is on YouTube.

The best bit? He didn't support any football team growing up. 

Fantastic and soooo Regan Hendry!

On 09/10/2020 at 20:32, Rovers_Lad said:

He  isn,t as far as I know embow,he was in the list of nominees that supporters voted on in the early years of HOF.He was due to attend former players association/ rovers down south tribute night to the Rovers greats of the 60s in March but was cancelled due to covid

A list of some of the players that were due to attend

Frank Burrows, Bobby Stein, Alan Miller, Jocky Richardson, Gordon Wallace, Pat Gardner, Ian Lourie, Tommy Hislop, Davie Weir, Davie Miller, Brian Cooper, Paddy Wilson, Mike Judge, Colin Sinclair.

A grand line up

hate to be the bearer of bad news but Mike Judge sadly passed away years ago.

On 10/10/2020 at 17:44, Holy Marv said:

Great stream, first half was good then the only issue for me was just as the second half was to start it said stream not live for me? Had to pull it up on my phone wasn’t great! Neutral commentary is great to hear.. hate listening to commentary bias towards the team covering *ahem* Falkirk and rangers *ahem*.. good job! 

We can’t get too ahead of ourselves, Rangers and Falkirk have established TV coverage with a proper camera man, I’d like something similar for us.

We can’t get too ahead of ourselves, Rangers and Falkirk have established TV coverage with a proper camera man, I’d like something similar for us.

There is absolutely zero fault in the coverage we have had from raith TV for a number of seasons now. Considering it is entirely done by volunteers, it's to be commended. The likes of the piece done on Saturday with hendry, shows they are still looking to do even more as well. They are all a credit to our club.

37 minutes ago, Messi Scott said:

As do Raith TV, you can apologize to Jackie right now!

What are you talking about when you mention a “proper cameraman”?

As I understand it, RaithTV is run entirely by volunteers, exactly like Falkirk and every other club outside of the Premiership that streams their own games (apart from Hearts I think)...

37 minutes ago, Watcher of the Raith said:

What are you talking about when you mention a “proper cameraman”?

As I understand it, RaithTV is run entirely by volunteers, exactly like Falkirk and every other club outside of the Premiership that streams their own games (apart from Hearts I think)...

At the best he’s an idiot, at the worst, a sexist moron.

5 hours ago, Messi Scott said:

What a stupid thing to say. 

You are either trolling or have never watched Raith TV.

Edited by RR #1