The New Raith Rovers Thread

Quite a tight game that, some lovely derby challenges going in too! Disappointing to lose so late but such is life! A big well done to all involved at Raith TV. I thought it was really good, the occasional buffering but to be expected with my broadband, the commentary was better than expected too so fair play to all involved [emoji106]

Raith TV worked well for me on the laptop. Around the 65th minute I had to refresh and that was the only time. When we scored and the commentators went Tonto I lost audio for a few seconds. In general the picture quality, reliability and audio were excellent.

I’ll maybe see if I can get it to work on the TV next week.

Brilliant from RaithTV, quality was superb and commentary fair & entertaining. HT feature with Regan was really well done, hopefully hear from more players in the weeks to come - be good to hear what they think of some of their teammates & teams they will face in the league campaign. Well done to all & great value for £9.99[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Great stream, first half was good then the only issue for me was just as the second half was to start it said stream not live for me? Had to pull it up on my phone wasn’t great! Neutral commentary is great to hear.. hate listening to commentary bias towards the team covering *ahem* Falkirk and rangers *ahem*.. good job! 

1 minute ago, Holy Marv said:

Great stream, first half was good then the only issue for me was just as the second half was to start it said stream not live for me? Had to pull it up on my phone wasn’t great! Neutral commentary is great to hear.. hate listening to commentary bias towards the team covering *ahem* Falkirk and rangers *ahem*.. good job! 

https://twitter.com/CraigGTelfer/status/1313057213133529091/video/1

Falkirk...biased commentary? Sadly, these two have been replaced this season...

20 minutes ago, Holy Marv said:

Neutral commentary is great to hear.. hate listening to commentary bias towards the team covering *ahem* Falkirk and rangers *ahem*.. good job! 

Not sure I’d call our lads “unbiased”, but it’s a very fair commentary from them. I will say that Morton’s commentary team for their QoS match was equally enjoyable, even if the camera work was abominable. I won’t mind listening to some of the other teams commentary if the revenue is split, like in the Betfred, but some are brutal judging by the highlights on some team sites (I’m looking at you, Falkirk!).

Edited by TxRover

17 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Not sure I’d call our lads “unbiased”, but it’s a very fair commentary from them. I will say that Morton’s commentary team for their QoS match was equally enjoyable, even if the camera work was abominable. I won’t mind listening to some of the other teams commentary if the revenue is split, like in the Betfred, but some are brutal judging by the highlights on some team sites (I’m looking at you, Falkirk!).

Good thing I didn’t call the unbiased then eh! 

Found the streaming of first half not great on my laptop with buffering,freezing and the likes,however switched to my ipad and experience no problems.

Great quality and good to get a win,however cant say i,m over fussed with this cup,league more important

Tait is an excellent talent and if he shows that level of consistency he,ll be worth a bob or two

Edited by Rovers_Lad

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Don't anyone expects them to be completely 50/50 down the middle but I think they were about as neutral as you could expect given it is RaithTV.

Just like to add some more compliments for RaithTV. My stream stayed up the whole game with only a couple of short buffers. The camera work and commentary were both excellent and the replay feature was very good.

First off, well done to Raith tv, for a half dozen volunteers, they managed to put together a fantastic production.

On the game itself, I thought East Fife clearly showed the benefit of having played a competitive fixture before we got started. For the first half our they looked a lot sharper: Just generally quicker to react and not nearly as leggy as we looked to start with. There is a huge jump between friendlies and competitive fixtures and it shows. 

I liked our system, but I also feel like we don't quite have the right personnel online the right positions. I think Tait can learn that number 10 role, he was my man of the match - tireless running and neat in possession. Even in a comparatively short space of first team action he's really developed as a player. Still though, I suspect he'll always look like a midfielder pushing on, rather than a forward dropping deep, as for example Vaughan might look like in that role. 

Likewise with two out and out wingers either side of Duku and Tait behind him, I did feel like we weren't getting close support to him, as you might with a more natural forward in behind him, or playing as a second striker cutting in from out wide. Last year, our front free usually had at least two recognised strikers in there. Huge "if" but Vaughan could provide the linkage that the team maybe needs.

Speaking of Duku, I felt it was a bit of a curate egg's performance. On the one hand he was a bit isolated as I touched on above, yet when he was called on to hold the ball up, I felt he wasn't always being particularly clever with it - a few too many pointless flick ons, of taking the easy free kick instead of trying to keep the ball moving.  Often his first touch was a  bit of a let down. Then again, he did and is gonna win more than his fair share of physical battles and he's rapid as f**k. Can't deny that he was the difference today as well, winning the penalty, and showing up in the right place, with a nice technique to header in the rapid ball at the end for the winner. 

Ross looks a good player, especially  when given the chance to run at folk. Tait as mentioned was my MotM and our strength is still clearly in the middle where, Tait, Hendry and Matthews found their rhythm and allowed us to dominate possession over the piece.

In defence, both full backs looked rusty, understandable in Tumilty's case. He looked neat going forward, but his final ball wasn't really there all day. Suspect though, that will improve. The two CBs were mostly fine I thought. The idea of Davo on the half turn against most championship forwards gives me the fear though. He read the game pretty well though and showed some real intelligence and neat play mopping up at the back however.

I dunno, we are still a work in progress. There are reasons to be hopeful. If I thought Vaughan had even 10 games in him I'd be optimistic. As it is, I think we are still a forward short of where we need to be, for the system McGlynn seems to want to favour.

Edited by renton