The New Raith Rovers Thread

17 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

He  isn,t as far as I know embow,he was in the list of nominees that supporters voted on in the early years of HOF.He was due to attend former players association/ rovers down south tribute night to the Rovers greats of the 60s in March but was cancelled due to covid

A list of some of the players that were due to attend

Frank Burrows, Bobby Stein, Alan Miller, Jocky Richardson, Gordon Wallace, Pat Gardner, Ian Lourie, Tommy Hislop, Davie Weir, Davie Miller, Brian Cooper, Paddy Wilson, Mike Judge, Colin Sinclair.

A grand line up

A stellar line up of 60's heroes for a teenage fan through the vast majority of the decade!🤭😄

Looking forward to today. Obviously not the same but after 7 months, just being able to watch a Rovers competitive game in any capacity is welcome.

Given our record in the league cup, our injuries (although improving) and the fact East Fife already have a competitive game under their belts I don’t have particularly high expectations, all about building up fitness ahead of the Arbroath game next week for me.

Will be interesting to see what the team selection is. Based on who we have available, I’d say our strongest team at the moment is:

MacDonald

Tumilty      
Davo     
Bene    
MacDonald

Matthews   
Hendry

Armstrong   
Tait   
Ross

Duku

However, McGlynn/Smith may elect to rotate the squad ahead of Tuesday’s game to get as many minutes in the squad as possible over the 2 games as they have done through pre season. In particular Brad Spencer has played little or no minutes in the friendlies so I expect him to get a good run out over the next couple of games.

Looking forward to it, good luck to the RaithTV guys as well, hopefully if there are any issues, everyone is patient and understanding.

40 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:

I can't seem to subscribe to Raith TV this morning, I submit all my details and when asked for email address and password it just refreshes page. I'll try again soon

I had this issue but it was resolved by just closing the page and going back in. 

If it does persist, clear your cookies. 

1 hour ago, EFFC1938 said:

I can't seem to subscribe to Raith TV this morning, I submit all my details and when asked for email address and password it just refreshes page. I'll try again soon

If you are still having issues after you try again, email contact@raith.tv and someone will have a look into it.

1 hour ago, SanStarko said:

Anybody else sign up to the Programme subscription and not had any programme arrive?

My digital version arrived yesterday afternoon. It was stated that it was put out early to allow time for a bit of feedback to make sure all was in order, which it was.

Digital will be issued hereafter normally on the Saturday morning.

26 minutes ago, embow said:

My digital version arrived yesterday afternoon. It was stated that it was put out early to allow time for a bit of feedback to make sure all was in order, which it was.

Digital will be issued hereafter normally on the Saturday morning.

I went for the postal one so was hoping it would arrive this morning.  Probably my postie doing his usual and not bothering to deliver anything while claiming he couldn't get access despite their being a trade button that lets him in the building.

Has to be said Raith TV have been superb: clubs like Morton and Arbroath have had big issues where their fans have missed huge chunks of the game. The lads have made sure that it's working properly with good quality. There's no camera issues and only a couple of refreshes needed where it's frozen. We should be really grateful that they took the time to develop the service over the last few years - nobody saw this pandemic happening but because they've put so much effort in it's put us in the strong position we could be in. 

14 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Has to be said Raith TV have been superb: clubs like Morton and Arbroath have had big issues where their fans have missed huge chunks of the game. The lads have made sure that it's working properly with good quality. There's no camera issues and only a couple of refreshes needed where it's frozen. We should be really grateful that they took the time to develop the service over the last few years - nobody saw this pandemic happening but because they've put so much effort in it's put us in the strong position we could be in. 

Wholeheartedly agree. It's a fantastic service. From a technological standpoint it has been absolutely seamless for me this afternoon, but more than that, the quality of the output is excellent. The amount of effort that's gone into the whole operation is very apparent.