The New Raith Rovers Thread

18 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:
21 hours ago, Michael W said:
I'm glad we're having a test run at it - fingers crossed. All I've seen the past week is complaints about streams not working. 
I'm an exception here due to where I live but it's £15 the club wouldn't have got otherwise from me. Looking forward to it. 

£15? It's £9.99.

I read a post further up suggesting £15 and thought that was a bit high for a stream, but just accepted that's probably what it would be. This is a bonus. 

However, I do like the option of gaining a smug sense of superiority, so there's that too. 

Any of the elder Raith fans remember Bobby Stein? Played for the club between 1960-69. 300+ appearances and 15 goals?
I’m sure he was a wingback type players.
He is a friend of the family and I was wondering if anyone had any old programmes or photos of Bobby?
Had a good look online but couldn’t find much.

Plenty of us still around that remember Bobby playing.

Absolute stalwart. Played in the old style right half slot next to ex Celt legend Bobby Evans with Ian Porterfield the youngster at left half. Great to hear Bobby is still going strong.

Sorry, I personally don't have any photos but there are many around e.g. team photos, action shots,etc.

I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction.

Older brother of striker Colin, ex Hibs, Rangers and Scotland.

Edited by embow

Another that remembers Bobby playing and concur with embow on the type of player he was

I have programmes dating back to the 60,s and theres every chance there,ll be some with pics of Bobby.Where the mrs has put them is another question and dare say would take some digging out but happy to do so when I have time

Another that remembers Bobby playing and concur with embow on the type of player he was
I have programmes dating back to the 60,s and theres every chance there,ll be some with pics of Bobby.Where the mrs has put them is another question and dare say would take some digging out but happy to do so when I have time

What a star, would be very grateful if you did manage to dig some out. No rush at all.
He’s still going strong, healthier than me and I’m 50 years his junior.

Great to hear hes still going strong GB.Yeah some of us auld buggers are still healthy 🏋️♂️[emoji23]

I,ll let you know if I find anything related to Bobby 

Not just healthy, guy walks miles a day, does 40 mile cycles and climbs Munro’s.

He used to teach me and my mate diving headers in the background when we were younger. Would put in peaches of crosses for us in street.

I managed to find a few photos of him in his Shire days with Alex Ferguson.

2 hours ago, glasgow_bairn said:

Any of the elder Raith fans remember Bobby Stein? Played for the club between 1960-69. 300+ appearances and 15 goals?
He is a friend of the family and I was wondering if anyone had any old programmes or photos of Bobby?

If you go to the official club site at the top right there's a search box. Enter his name there and you'll find a little info describing him as a stylish half back and a picture of a young Bobby.

https://www.raithrovers.net/ 

1 hour ago, glasgow_bairn said:

What a star, would be very grateful if you did manage to dig some out. No rush at all.
He’s still going strong, healthier than me and I’m 50 years his juniomightr.

How old might Bobby be now?

Must be well into his 70's if not early 80's and still very fit by sounds of things. 

I'm not too sure if he's in our Hall of Fame and if not, then deserves to be.

Edited by embow

3 hours ago, glasgow_bairn said:
3 hours ago, glasgow_bairn said:

I'm sure I have at least 1 picture from FFP I'll look for it Tommorow and get back to you

48 minutes ago, embow said:

How old might Bobby be now?

Must be well into his 70's if not early 80's and still very fit by sounds of things. 

I'm not too sure if he's in our Hall of Fame and if not, then deserves to be.

He  isn,t as far as I know embow,he was in the list of nominees that supporters voted on in the early years of HOF.He was due to attend former players association/ rovers down south tribute night to the Rovers greats of the 60s in March but was cancelled due to covid

A list of some of the players that were due to attend

Frank Burrows, Bobby Stein, Alan Miller, Jocky Richardson, Gordon Wallace, Pat Gardner, Ian Lourie, Tommy Hislop, Davie Weir, Davie Miller, Brian Cooper, Paddy Wilson, Mike Judge, Colin Sinclair.

A grand line up