The New Raith Rovers Thread

45 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Wondering, in light of the issue around the league, what kind of capacity will RaithTV have to handle the influx of viewers? For instance, what was the previous largest number of logged in viewers.

I’m not the website guy, but even if the website doesn’t look that different on the front end, there has been, and will continue to be, significant work behind the curtain to try and prepare as much as possible before the game (during a pandemic no less!). 

Still waiting on my season ticket. Help anyone.

I phoned the office today. The cup game is a ppv for all persons irrespective of season ticket. They stated season books were being sent to the printers today. They are in discussion with raith TV to have something in place to season ticket holders for viewing of league games irrespective of if your season ticket has arrived in the post. They are obviously aware that season cards may be out after the first game and are are pursuing and arrangement for such issues.   

There’s a definite lose-lose situation in the pipeline for the club. Do they make the league games £10 and, working on the assumption that no fans get in at all this season, short change their season ticket holders to the tune of £50, or do they make it £15 for a league game and potentially turn ‘PATG’ supporters away by pricing them out of it and lose potential revenue?

There’s a definite lose-lose situation in the pipeline for the club. Do they make the league games £10 and, working on the assumption that no fans get in at all this season, short change their season ticket holders to the tune of £50, or do they make it £15 for a league game and potentially turn ‘PATG’ supporters away by pricing them out of it and lose potential revenue?

I’d go down the charge £15 route myself, not for any reasons of compassion with season ticket holders, I didn’t purchase a season ticket because of its value for money anyway, but because we’ll need to maximise the away support factor. Its a captive audience, and most folk willing to pay £10 to watch their teams on a Saturday won’t be put off by an extra £4.99 but it adds up for us. Live football has proved fairly price inelastic, don’t see why streaming would be much different. There’s a core of people who will steam home and away whether it costs the £10 or £20 a pop.

27 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Further complicated by the fact that a fair chunk of Rovers' supporters are OAPs.

I suspect some clubs will be having a pretty extreme wake-up call with the Betfred streams. We’ll do well to turn over £5k on Saturday which is a fraction of what we’d make in normal times.

£15 or more for me for the stream. Of course it’s far too much but it’s pretty much the only income stream we have.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

For the cup games the 'gate' money is shared, if a higher tariff is charged for league games it shouldn't be an issue.

Sorry if this is a stupid question...

If the cup ‘gates’ are split, how does this work for those games picked for TV? Is it just unfortunate that we won’t have a split of all the hearts/rovers fans paying for a club stream? Or do we get money from Premier sports for being on TV? 

9 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

If the cup ‘gates’ are split, how does this work for those games picked for TV? Is it just unfortunate that we won’t have a split of all the hearts/rovers fans paying for a club stream? Or do we get money from Premier sports for being on TV? 

You get money for being on tv, although not that much at this stage.

16 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

League games we’re f’d...cup games, SD answered above. Arbroath already posted their disappointment at the Arbroath v Hearts game being selected by BBC Scotland for broadcast, and the resulting loss of potential income from the stream (which would all go to Arbroath). Since the BBC can only broadcast from each park twice, you can expect that the Hearts boycott won’t matter, as the game at SP will be on TV.

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Given the Premiership charges start at £12.50 for at least 25% of the league, £15 seems a bit high. This has been debated no end and their isn’t a “good” answer. I think that most ST holders will understand if the games are streamed at £10 and the club finds a way to add value to ST holders. I don’t know if that would be possibly a discount on the next season renewal, a refund, or perhaps thinking outside the box, but ST holders are still first in line to attend games. If the last few games allow small crowds, the cost of getting the (some) ST holders in for them might cost less than refunds or discounts. They could also give away low cost freebies that are well received (drawings for jerseys, photo ops, etc.) to the ST holders to let them feel better valued.

Edited by TxRover

I'm glad we're having a test run at it - fingers crossed. All I've seen the past week is complaints about streams not working. 

I'm an exception here due to where I live but it's £15 the club wouldn't have got otherwise from me. Looking forward to it. 

1 minute ago, spot on said:

Test run went well, picture and sound clear as a bell, just have to see on Saturday how it is following the ball but every faith in the Raith TV guys  they do a great job👍

I'm sure the human behind the camera will manage fine.

I'm glad we're having a test run at it - fingers crossed. All I've seen the past week is complaints about streams not working. 
I'm an exception here due to where I live but it's £15 the club wouldn't have got otherwise from me. Looking forward to it. 
£15? It's £9.99.

14 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:
16 hours ago, Michael W said:

£15? It's £9.99.

Aye but if you pay extra you can get that feeling of smug superiority that normally comes with sitting in the Main Stand.