The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, Roath Raver said:

If Pixellot was to be used for highlights it would be the stream feed, so it would be what you saw today. However it is unlikely we would use Pixellot for highlights unless restrictions changed and away clubtv couldn’t get into away grounds or the camera broke.

Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but Championship clubs agreed last week that away clubs will not be allowed to send a camera to games. Home club will film and supply footage. Part of procedures to cut visiting personnel to absolute minimum. They are allowed one match reporter and one photographer only.

We are not allowed a camera at Morton on Tuesday.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but Championship clubs agreed last week thst away clubs will not be allowed to send a camera to games. Home club will film and supply footage. Part of procedures to cut visiting personnel to absolute minimum. They are allowed one match reporter and one photographer only.

Any idea how many clubs are using the pixelot system?

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

Hmm, thanks. I knew Raith TV wasn’t using it, but I thought the sales pitch for Pixellot was that for highlights, you could edit from the view of the whole pitch from the game file. If you can’t, there are likely to be a bunch of annoyed purchasers to some games. It seems Ayr is using Pixellot in the Championship, is that it?

Are Ayr using it? I thought they were using their regular setup. 

Not certain. I think Alloa are but sure [mention=70481]LeodhasXD[/mention] can answer for himself. Didnt think anyone else was but I may be wrong, not directly involved in the streaming stuff.
Cheers. I haven't watched any games with it yet but, it does seem to be poorly received so far. Hopefully not as bad as iv heard.

29 minutes ago, grumswall said:
45 minutes ago, Roath Raver said:
Highlights from today... 

Any interviews with mcglynn before the season kicks off next week?

Wasn’t one filmed today, not sure if there is a midweek one planned.

3 hours ago, CALDERON said:

I find going to Aitchies Ale House at 8am helps with that part of the day. 

Is Aitchies still under the guiding hand of Brian & son?

I had heard he was selling up, be an awful shame if he has, it's been a staple of my career offshore.

Just now, Beastie Russell said:

Hibs are tracking him 

Unsurprised at this. I'm hopeful that he can kick on and have a good season and we can repeat what we did with Bowie. Sell him on to a club down south who'll offer more money (and relatively little in their own terms) and tie up sell on fees in case he improves further. Obviously, it's a big ask but I think it's the best strategy for the club rather than losing out to a club like Hibs (or any other Scottish team). 

Now we are a Championship club it’ll definitely be less easy to just say, “cannae stand in his way” when a Premiership club comes calling. If we have any aspirations of trying to make it there, as our chairman says we do, then not losing our players to teams in that league needs to be a priority.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

Is tait not in the final year of his contract? Would hope that we get him tied down for longer ASAP if that is the case. We don't really want to leave it to a tribunal to determine what we are due for his development.

According to the website he is under contract until 2022

Now we are a Championship club it’ll definitely be less easy to just say, “cannae stand in his way” when a Premiership club comes calling. If we have any aspirations of trying to make it there, as our chairman says we do, then not losing our players to teams in that league needs to be a priority.

Bates was given away for less than nothing while we were a championship club. It should be the aspiration of every club to play at the highest level. If we can do as sim said in his interview and replicate the success of the likes of Hamilton, livi etc in doing it with our budget constraints then superb. I feel like we are going in the right direction by trying to bring through young players that we can either sell on or see a benefit in the first team from.

According to the website he is under contract until 2022

Glad to hear it. I was too lazy to check.

Anyone know how Smith is?

Just now, grumswall said:

Anyone know how Smith is?

He came on as a sub in the second half an had a dose of the cold sponge after a clash, otherwise he looked OK.

When he went down, play went on up the park and I can only think that Armstrong was trying to get play stopped by unsuccessfully wrestling Jimmy 'Martin' Scott to the ground, Jimmy looked like he was having difficulty getting his backpack off.

He came on as a sub in the second half an had a dose of the cold sponge after a clash, otherwise he looked OK.
When he went down, play went on up the park and I can only think that Armstrong was trying to get play stopped by unsuccessfully wrestling Jimmy 'Martin' Scott to the ground, Jimmy looked like he was having difficulty getting his backpack off.

I had heard he'd taken a knock. Glad it seems to just be an impact type. How the hell is Scott still playing football at a level above Sunday amateurs?

9 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

IMG_20201004_095530.thumb.jpg.4c2e616f97b0e38e1649b33402b4fae7.jpg

I dunno Zen, looks to me like he's about to win the ball here.