The New Raith Rovers Thread

We've just put on a number 21, I think for Hendry. Certainly he's gone into the middle of the park. 

I don't think we have a number 21 currently, so f**k knows who that is? Maybe that's Arnott and the number 25 and his numberless compatriot were one and the same. It's getting very Alexandre Dumas out there. 

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

So Trailist is a back and Arnott a mid, is that correct?

Smith limps off....damn it.

Just now, Hedgecutter said:

"OI! OI!!!!  STOP THE GAME!!!!!!"

Anyone see who died?  :huh:

Our papier mache striker, unfortunately. Although the good news is he's back on, for the moment. I really hope he can get a good six months injury free, so we can really get a good feel for how suited he is to proper first team football. 

Mahady came on for Duku at some point too. He's really not a wee laddie. 

4 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

We've just put on a number 21, I think for Hendry. Certainly he's gone into the middle of the park. 

I don't think we have a number 21 currently, so f**k knows who that is? Maybe that's Arnott and the number 25 and his numberless compatriot were one and the same. It's getting very Alexandre Dumas out there. 

Arnott is 21 and Ross is 22, via Raith TV

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Camera now deciding to ditch the goalmouth action and randomly pan to the more favoured empty end?  :wacko:

Good to find these things out early I suppose.  

Overall, I was relatively impressed with Pixellot. Maybe it was low expectations, but for a fiver that was alright. As mentioned previously, it loses the ball when it's booted into the air, and struggles to find it again if it's on the far side. I imagine grounds with a higher camera position will find that's less of an issue. 

Disappointing that it missed one of the goals, and you'd hope that kind of thing can be improved, but it caught the vast majority of the goalmouth action. I suppose it'd be a bit different if it was a league game and it happened to cut off the only goal in a tight 1-0, right enough. 

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Camera now deciding to ditch the goalmouth action and randomly pan to the more favoured empty end?  :wacko:

Good to find these things out early I suppose.  

Technically Pixellot said their system tracks the ball(s)...no one could have seen a problem with men’s football coverage under that circumstance, eh? More seriously, I expect that the workout that Pixellot gets this year will significantly improve the programming and logic going forward...but that doesn’t help this season.

Positives

Ethan Ross looked very lively. Hopefully he can form a good partnership with MacDonald on the wing

Manny Duku looked a real handful up top

Another goal for Quinn Coulson. None of the young lads looked out of place. 

No major defensive howlers and a clear sheet.  

Negatives

Pixelot system missed some of the action. Given it's an AI system and, from what I've heard, they're planning to regularly patch them with updates, this shouldn't be too much of a worry. 

15 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Overall, I was relatively impressed with Pixellot. Maybe it was low expectations, but for a fiver that was alright. As mentioned previously, it loses the ball when it's booted into the air, and struggles to find it again if it's on the far side. I imagine grounds with a higher camera position will find that's less of an issue. 

This is the thing, we're not exactly forking out for £30 day pass are we.  I thought it was good overall and just needs a bit of tweaking, although I'm not particularly confident that will take place before the end of any season we might be lucky enough to get. 

If I were a Raith fan then I'd be fairly happy with a £1 a goal rout. 

44 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Good news is Raith TV is using their own cameras and operators.

Pixellot will be OK for highlights, as they can manually select the portion of the pitch to show when they edit it...but live TV will be an experiment in AI editing.

If Pixellot was to be used for highlights it would be the stream feed, so it would be what you saw today. However it is unlikely we would use Pixellot for highlights unless restrictions changed and away clubtv couldn’t get into away grounds or the camera broke.

Edited by Roath Raver

9 minutes ago, Roath Raver said:

If Pixellot was to be used for highlights it would be the stream feed, so it would be what you saw today. However it is unlikely we would use Pixellot for highlights unless restrictions changed and away clubtv couldn’t get into away grounds or the camera broke.

Hmm, thanks. I knew Raith TV wasn’t using it, but I thought the sales pitch for Pixellot was that for highlights, you could edit from the view of the whole pitch from the game file. If you can’t, there are likely to be a bunch of annoyed purchasers to some games. It seems Ayr is using Pixellot in the Championship, is that it?

Must admit that the aftermath of watching Brechin getting beat at the Glebe is far more enjoyable at home with a beer in hand in front of a roaring fire, rather than sitting listening to the rain bounce off of the perspex shelter on the concourse at a wind-blasted Montrose Railway station, knowing it'll be another 1.5 hrs before I get home.  Still, can't beat the actual away day.

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Every club he's been at apparently he's looked incredible in pre-season then faded when the competitive games started. Hopefully McGlynn sorts that! He's looked really solid in this game! 

Well McGlynn isn’t going to be able to do much if he’s not very good. Let’s remember this was a friendly against Brechin. We’ll have to see what he’s like in competitive games before judging. 

8 minutes ago, Messi Scott said:

Let’s remember this was a friendly against Brechin.

tumblr_lvmghhYuRF1r3ovdbo1_500.gif

Eta: let's not forget who sent you down to League One MFs  :P

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Must admit that the aftermath of watching Brechin getting beat at the Glebe is far more enjoyable at home with a beer in hand in front of a roaring fire, rather than sitting listening to the rain bounce off of the perspex shelter on the concourse at a wind-blasted Montrose Railway station, knowing it'll be another 1.5 hrs before I get home.  Still, can't beat the actual away day.

I find going to Aitchies Ale House at 8am helps with that part of the day.