The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

The mobility and fluidity in this attacking midfield three is causing Brechin all sorts of problems. The back line is setting itself alongside Duku, but the midfield hasn't dropped back, leaving a huge amount of space. Ross, Tait and Armstrong having a field day. 

I'm interested to see how Tait develops playing against better players this season. He's an outstanding prospect and will undoubtedly have clubs interested. 

Somewhat sluggish at the back there.  Oh dear.  :(

I suspected it was over the line anyway.

Eta: suspect we'll see a few Raith changes at HT seeing as the game's pretty safe already...

Edited by Hedgecutter

And there's another one. Matthews with a lovely ball in for Ethan Ross. The back line all stating and facing forward as Ross went streaming through. Not quite sure what happened with it hitting the post and rolling across the line, but it looked like a tidy enough finishing across the keeper to the back post. Very composed. 

Not sure how much the defence is going to learn this afternoon, unless things take a drastic turn. Good for the chemistry and the confidence of the attack, I suppose. 

Ethan Ross has a decent effort turned away by the keeper, in a move that unfolded in a pattern I suspect we're going to see a lot of this season. 

Hendry/Matthews plays a simple, hard pass into Duku who has his back to goal. Duku has a choice of three runners all swarming forward. He lays it off, and the runner has the cjoic eof a shot himself or a ball across to one of his colleagues. 

It's nice to see a clearly planned strategy like that working, even if it is against League Two opposition. By Christ, I've missed the football. 

Aye, Pixellot really struggling there whenever a ball is suddenly played forward at some speed.  Must have been focusing on our half for a good 10 secs towards the end there whilst we were breaking forward up the other end, as if it's trying to recognise a ball that isn't there.   

Can't help but feel it'll be missing a good number of long range efforts from a midfield area.  Will be interesting to see how it deals with ball-coloured seagulls (although I see from the Ayr thread that it started following pigeons in one game).

On the plus side, it's handy how you can run back through the game at HT.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Pixellot drunkenly slurring around the pitch 30 seconds behind the action, and missing goals isn't great. Hopefully Raith tv manages to stick to its standard system.

Decent attacking display do far, Dylan Tait playing as the No 10 is an interesting move. Duku holding up play well, even if the heavy pitch is defeating some of his passing. Good to see him getting into good poachers positions. We missed that type of forward until McLean came in last season I thought.

Good start from Ethan Ross as well.

Either the trialist has changed, or the trialist's jersey has changed. Our right back was wearing number 25 in the first half. Thanks to the limitations of Pixellot and its allergy to zoom we didn't get a good look at him, but I think it's a different player on now. 

I'm wondering if first half wasn't actually Arnott who's now signed, and this unknown starlet is the true "trialist". 

Way too easy for the 4th.  I'd heard that our defence had been pretty good in the previous games with Montrose & Forfar (draw and a win) but we just fell asleep there.  Decent calm finish between four of our players though. 

Just noticed that the pitch must be really heavy with splashing underfoot on the near side.  Thought it looked fairly dry.

Edited by Hedgecutter

It's 4-0. Quinn Coulson got the goal, showed really good composure as the ball dropped to him in the box. Three goals in pre-season will do his confidence no harm at all! 

We've made some substitutions. I missed them as they happened, but Thomson is back in goal. It looks like Anderson for Tait was a straight swap. 

Coulson came on for the trialist right back, and we've got a new configuration in defence. Armstrong to left back, MacDonald and Davo in the middle, Benedictus right back. 

Smith on for Tait now too. 

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

Who's Arnott and who's the trialist

Both are from Fife Elite. The same two trialists we've had all pre-season, but apparently Arnott signed a deal this morning. 

It's 5-0. Short corner on the far side to create a better angle, in-swinging cross was met with a not-particularly-decent header and the keeper somehow let it squirm past him and over the line in the bottom corner. Possibly Anderson assisted by Coulson?

Thomson has just made a good save from a 20 yard effort. I think that's Brechin's first shot on goal. 

43 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Aye, Pixellot really struggling there whenever a ball is suddenly played forward at some speed.  Must have been focusing on our half for a good 10 secs towards the end there whilst we were breaking forward up the other end, as if it's trying to recognise a ball that isn't there.   

Can't help but feel it'll be missing a good number of long range efforts from a midfield area.  Will be interesting to see how it deals with ball-coloured seagulls (although I see from the Ayr thread that it started following pigeons in one game).

On the plus side, it's handy how you can run back through the game at HT.

35 minutes ago, renton said:

Pixellot drunkenly slurring around the pitch 30 seconds behind the action, and missing goals isn't great. Hopefully Raith tv manages to stick to its standard system.

Decent attacking display do far, Dylan Tait playing as the No 10 is an interesting move. Duku holding up play well, even if the heavy pitch is defeating some of his passing. Good to see him getting into good poachers positions. We missed that type of forward until McLean came in last season I thought.

Good start from Ethan Ross as well.

Good news is Raith TV is using their own cameras and operators.

Pixellot will be OK for highlights, as they can manually select the portion of the pitch to show when they edit it...but live TV will be an experiment in AI editing.

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Both are from Fife Elite. The same two trialists we've had all pre-season, but apparently Arnott signed a deal this morning. 

It's 5-0. Short corner on the far side to create a better angle, in-swinging cross was met with a not-particularly-decent header and the keeper somehow let it squirm past him and over the line in the bottom corner. Possibly Anderson assisted by Coulson?

Thomson has just made a good save from a 20 yard effort. I think that's Brechin's first shot on goal. 

So Trailist is a back and Arnott a mid, is that correct?

Smith limps off....damn it.