The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Smith ain’t good enough? You basing that on the last 5 minutes that he’s played in 4 or 5 first team games at the age of 20?

I'm basing it on the fact that he isnt getting a run in the team and got overlooked by Bowie, Anderson and Allan who was terrible. I also believe that Mahady will go above him on the list of 1st choice players. 

I'm basing it on the fact that he isnt getting a run in the team and got overlooked by Bowie, Anderson and Allan who was terrible. I also believe that Mahady will go above him on the list of 1st choice players. 
Any time he has had a chance he has ended up injured a few games down the line. I personally think he has something about him to at least be useful for us this season. Bowie getting game time ahead of him is hardly a surprise. Anderson started last season well as well. Allan was filling a role that Smith can't play. So I don't really see how that bears any relevance to smiths ability. I haven't seen mahady play so no comment. He does look like an extra from vikings though.

6 hours ago, Paco said:

For the East Fife game we could be looking at:

MacDonald
Matthews Benedictus Mendy MacDonald
Anderson Hendry Tait Armstrong
Duku Smith

Bench: Goalies, youngsters

To be honest there’s no point rushing Tumilty as we’re really in trouble if he’s injured for any length of time. Leave him out until he’s ready.

Or perhaps...

JMac

Mendy, Bene, KMac

Hendry

Matthews, Tait, Anderson

Armstrong, Duku, Smith

Subs: Keepers, Mahady, Coulson

Rest Davo, Tumilty and Ugwu for a non-league match. It's a non-leagie game versus a competent team, a great test for Mendy while keeping Davo healthy.

I'd expect to see the number of loan signings across the league really ramp up this week as we get closer to competitive football. 

Real balance to be struck for clubs with the need for a strong first team going up against the very clear need for tight purse-strings. 

I think we can expect a midfielder to come in from somewhere, and I wonder if McGlynn's in the board's ear to try and get another full back in too. 

I'd expect to see the number of loan signings across the league really ramp up this week as we get closer to competitive football. 
Real balance to be struck for clubs with the need for a strong first team going up against the very clear need for tight purse-strings. 
I think we can expect a midfielder to come in from somewhere, and I wonder if McGlynn's in the board's ear to try and get another full back in too. 

Cue Ethan Ross signing on loan from Aberdeen.

9 minutes ago, Messi Scott said:

You just couldn’t resist, shame Dunfermline aren’t any bigger than us. 

Most of us will admit they are the bigger team. Does it bother me? Not in the slightest.