The New Raith Rovers Thread

I see Musonda is out for six weeks, Tumilty is out for two, Davidson hasn’t trained all week, Vaughan won’t be able to do anything for a fortnight, Brad Spencer has had to have a scan on his knee, and of course, McKay is already out for the season.

Someone said the other day that we might not have any worse an injury situation that anyone else, but from what I can see, other than Falkirk who have a few bodies out as well, we’ve far more issues than most.

3 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I see Musonda is out for six weeks, Tumilty is out for two, Davidson hasn’t trained all week, Vaughan won’t be able to do anything for a fortnight, Brad Spencer has had to have a scan on his knee, and of course, McKay is already out for the season.

Someone said the other day that we might not have any worse an injury situation that anyone else, but from what I can see, other than Falkirk who have a few bodies out as well, we’ve far more issues than most.

Clucking Bell.

So hopefully have Tumilty back for the first league game and try and limp through our opening league Cup fixtures with no defence...

For the East Fife game we could be looking at:

MacDonald
Matthews Benedictus Mendy MacDonald
Anderson Hendry Tait Armstrong
Duku Smith

Bench: Goalies, youngsters

To be honest there’s no point rushing Tumilty as we’re really in trouble if he’s injured for any length of time. Leave him out until he’s ready.

On 30/09/2020 at 08:55, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Totally agree with this. 

Sentimentality shouldn't be counter-active to progression. 

Regarding the main stand and Starks Park.

I am with Herve on that one, if I won enough on the Euro lotto I’d build a brand new stadium on the outskirts of the north of the town, something along the lines of Fleetwoods main stand but with 4 stands, I’d incorporate offiice/commercial Space under the stands (like Falkirk) so that the club would have an all year round income.

It would be built to the north of the town to entice Glenrothes folks, Kirkcaldy is a town of about 55,000 population With a Pro football and Ice hockey club, Glenrothes has around 40k with no pro clubs, we should be looking to get more fans coming down that road.

As a traditionalist at heart I love History particularly local history but when it comes to the future of the club you can not afford to be sentimental, much as it’d sadden me to see the old place disappear I’d flatten Starks Park and build myself a big house on a bit of it.

56 minutes ago, Paco said:

MacDonald
Duku Smith

To be honest there’s no point rushing Tumilty as we’re really in trouble if he’s injured for any length of time. Leave him out until he’s ready.

Davo isn’t injured is he? 

Wonder what happened to Brad?

Can’t all be down to bad luck but we sure do seem to have more than our fair share of injuries.

Vaughnny was and is a massive risk, hopefully it will still work out yet.

Davo has had spells in the past where his back has played up preventing  him from training, I’d rest him this weekend at Brechin so he can hopefully play against East Fife.

Gozi (hamstring?) common enough, probably the most run of the mill unlucky of the group of injuries.

Tumilty, sounds fairly minor, hopefully he’s a fast healer and makes the East Fife or/and Hearts game.

Muso, that’s a tough one to take as it’s more ligament damage, the article said foot which seems unusual, not that I’m doubting its just that I’m unsure how that ones happened. An ankle injury in training Would have been far more self explanatory.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

MacDonald
Duku Smith

I'm absolutely here for us naming four goalkeepers in a match day squad. 

8 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

There can only be so many times we can go through excessive injuries before questions need to be asked somewhere.  

I would agree but injuries have probably been the only constant at the club the last few years so it is hard to pinpoint a reason.

In the last few years whilst injuries have been particularly bad, we have changed our training location, changed our home surface, multiple different managers, different sport science and different medical staff.

There must be a deeper reason but other than bad luck and a few injury prone players it’s not particularly obvious.

There can only be so many times we can go through excessive injuries before questions need to be asked somewhere.  
Can't put it down to the pitch as we were having these problems before we had it. Can't put it down to the management's training because we were having these problems before them. What else is there than sheer bad luck with it?

6 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

I would agree but injuries have probably been the only constant at the club the last few years so it is hard to pinpoint a reason.

In the last few years whilst injuries have been particularly bad, we have changed our training location, changed our home surface, multiple different managers, different sport science and different medical staff.

There must be a deeper reason but other than bad luck and a few injury prone players it’s not particularly obvious.

I agree its really difficult to pinpoint, but it happens so often now that it's difficult to attribute it to bad luck.  

An answer to our injury problems is the loan market. We could do with a right back for cover anyway but maybe one that can slip into the right side of a back 3. We need to plan this season without Vaughan if he gets fit and stays fit it will be a bonus but we should be looking to bring a loan player in to play either wide left to fill that role but also hopefully can play through the middle ad Smith ain't good enough.

An answer to our injury problems is the loan market. We could do with a right back for cover anyway but maybe one that can slip into the right side of a back 3. We need to plan this season without Vaughan if he gets fit and stays fit it will be a bonus but we should be looking to bring a loan player in to play either wide left to fill that role but also hopefully can play through the middle ad Smith ain't good enough.

Smith ain’t good enough? You basing that on the last 5 minutes that he’s played in 4 or 5 first team games at the age of 20?