The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think that’s almost certainly the case, Vaughan himself spoke about it in an interview with Danny Denholm a few months ago.
I wondered the same thing myself and already fear we may not see him again. Colour me pessimistic.

Still, we romped the league in 2nd gear last season so we know we can be successful without him. 'Mon!

On 24/09/2020 at 20:58, da_no_1 said:

Getting fair excited lads. Headers from corners against Stenhousemuir. Top notch.

You must be worried about your clubs spending spree considering the circumstances. That administration will be round the corner for the pars again. 

23 minutes ago, Messi Scott said:

You must be worried about your clubs spending spree considering the circumstances. That administration will be round the corner for the pars again. 

20 million our last administration. We've not even scratched the surface on our spending towards admin mk2. 

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

If this is being compared to the masterton era we’ve at least 15 years until admin2.  15 years of rovers rage.   It’ll be worth it.

It's not administration I'd be worried about. When the investors sell EEP and leave you playing at Kelty that's when I start laughing. 

It's not administration I'd be worried about. When the investors sell EEP and leave you playing at Kelty that's when I start laughing. 
The only thing being sold is your boy Vaughan for glue, when he's taken round the back of the Railway stand and shot because he's too fucking injured to continue.

20 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
6 hours ago, raith1974 said:

The only thing being sold is your boy Vaughan for glue, when he's taken round the back of the Railway stand and shot because he's too fucking injured to continue.

I’m going to bite to that because that’s not banter a totally classless comment IMO the guys career is on the line and your trying to points score away and crawl back under your stone

4 hours ago, basher brash said:

I’m going to bite to that because that’s not banter a totally classless comment IMO the guys career is on the line and your trying to points score away and crawl back under your stone

If we're being serious for a second here (And to make it clear, Stella wasn't) then if you're going to be a big boy and banter someone about their club dying, you're not occupying the moral high ground where you can then start crying about getting some banter back about a player calling time in their career early. f**k up. 

I've ruptured my ACL (along with a f**k load of other shite in my knee) and know full well the difficulties of coming back from such an injury, if Vaughan can do it three times he's superhuman. I hope someone's been advising and helping him with a plan on the eventuality that he won't fulfil his early promise as a footballer, whether that be coaching badges or something outwith football. I still maintain playing him on that Forfar pitch so soon was at best, fucking ridiculously stupid. 

The scar tissue pain was what happened to Stevie Bell with us a few years back. He had serveral bad injuries and operations and then tried fixing an issue with the scar tissue. That stage was the end for Bell as a superb box to box central midfielder. I know he went on to play with Stranraer and Ayr in later years but he could've gone on to much bigger things. Think it sounds like Vaughan is heading the same way.

Still no sign of Frankie Musonda today, and Mendy returning to the bench means it's the return of the back four. 

I'd guess it's a 4-2-3-1 with Duku on his own again now that Ugwu's injured. It could potentially be a 4-4-2 with Anderson up front, but I don't see it. 

Seven subs; two goalkeepers, two trialists and three "reserves" in Mendy, Coulson and Smith. We could really do with some of these "minor" injuries clearing up. 

6 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Still no sign of Frankie Musonda today, and Mendy returning to the bench means it's the return of the back four. 

I'd guess it's a 4-2-3-1 with Duku on his own again now that Ugwu's injured. It could potentially be a 4-4-2 with Anderson up front, but I don't see it. 

Seven subs; two goalkeepers, two trialists and three "reserves" in Mendy, Coulson and Smith. We could really do with some of these "minor" injuries clearing up. 

Same old, really.