The New Raith Rovers Thread

24 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

He is. "The kind of injury you'd expect after a long lay-off" alongside Vaughan, Davo (who's returned tonight) and possibly one other I can't remember now. 

Spencer.

3 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:
4 hours ago, spot on said:
It wasn’t asked by the interviewer, not to say it wasn’t asked by the fans. [ I know it was] [ do you really not think that all the questions were hand picked and discussed before hand?]
Although it was a good informative interview I didn’t hear too many direct questions that appeared to come from the fans but more that flowed from the conversation (maybe that’s down to a good interviewer)

Many people donated money towards the legal bill but we have not been told if the club have  had to pay a single penny towards it. They are entitled to know or if some chose to do so have their money returned to them if the club did not have to pay it towards the court bill. It was not only Raith fans who donated to this fund
I’d say this does have to do with transparency.
There may be a legal instruction regarding revealing the exact details but we are entitled to know if the club were out of pocket or not. 

Entitled? I think many / most will have donated in good faith and wished the club the best, without much thought about what proof they will receive of how their money was spent. It was a donation, not an invoice. I donated, and if the club dodges or has dodged a bill and can keep the money, I know I've donated to the greater good of the club I choose to support.

I’m not in disagreement with anything you have said, and I’m sure 99% of all of those who donated will be more than happy to leave Raith to do what they want with  cash but out of courtesy , just like they did did to the season  ticket holders, they should offer to return the money if it was not needed for the purpose it was donated

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

You got a link to where you read that?

The arbitration results are confidential (https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-partick-deny-arbitration-panel-18707951).

The Court of Session admonished both sides to maintain confidentiality with regards to materials submitted for arbitration, and it’s decision inherently indicated the Court would deal with similar issues of breach of the Arbitration agreement, which includes the above decision,

23 minutes ago, Roath Raver said:

Here are the highlights from the Stenhousemuir friendly.

How refreshing it is that we see football in the form that is meant to be, effing and jeffing all over the place, it's just a pity I wasn't there to join in.

Not much to add apart from we are clearly brilliant.

Duku looks handy and athletic. Showed Mendy’s best bits in the highlights there, won a few headers early but has a heid like a Sheriffs badge.

Looked like a Tait (18) error for the first and Jack Smith for the 2nd.

I think Thomson needs to have a look at himself for both, especially the first. Thank god we’ve signed McDonald!

Those early corners are a promising sign. There won't be many teams who'll relish coming up against Nando, Davo, Bene and Manny Duku all at once. I really like the 3-5-2, and that's one of the big benefits. Set pieces at both ends should become a real strong point. You also see in the early highlights just how much it brings Macdonald and Tumilty into it. I could be getting myself confused, but I think Michael Miller might've scored a goal almost identical to Tumilty's in the very early parts of last season too. 

Astonished to see Greig Spence calmly finish a one-on-one. These are truly strange times we live in.

For the second, Jack Smith might lose the ball, but he's 50 yards from goal when he does. The defence breaks in an odd fashion, with Nando going to close the cross and Kieran Macdonald going into the middle, but he ends up marking the same space as Benedictus, while Davidson takes the striker, leaving a man free. That kind of organisational stuff will improve, I imagine. 

Good technique from Duku for the equaliser. He looks very technically accomplished, going by these highlights. Some really nice touches and some decent ball control. I'm sure he's got weaknesses, but right now there's no reason not to be optimistic. I think the referee is maybe a little kind not to give a foul against the goalkeeper for Anderson's first, but it's Duku really forcing the error. 

Armstrong's goal is a brilliant strike with his left, and his cross for Anderson's second is perfect from his right. It's a big season for him. I still don't think we've really seen the best of him, but he needs to make himself undroppable for a couple of months and really show what he can do. He looks to have the capability to be a very good Championship player, if he can put it all together at once. 

Finally, a much kinder set of highlights for Nando. Winning some big headers and making a couple of key blocks. You'd have to imagine he's still the fourth choice centre back - even behind an unseen Frankie Musonda - but maybe all is not lost just yet. 

15 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Those early corners are a promising sign. There won't be many teams who'll relish coming up against Nando, Davo, Bene and Manny Duku all at once. I really like the 3-5-2, and that's one of the big benefits. Set pieces at both ends should become a real strong point. You also see in the early highlights just how much it brings Macdonald and Tumilty into it. I could be getting myself confused, but I think Michael Miller might've scored a goal almost identical to Tumilty's in the very early parts of last season too. 

Astonished to see Greig Spence calmly finish a one-on-one. These are truly strange times we live in.

For the second, Jack Smith might lose the ball, but he's 50 yards from goal when he does. The defence breaks in an odd fashion, with Nando going to close the cross and Kieran Macdonald going into the middle, but he ends up marking the same space as Benedictus, while Davidson takes the striker, leaving a man free. That kind of organisational stuff will improve, I imagine. 

Good technique from Duku for the equaliser. He looks very technically accomplished, going by these highlights. Some really nice touches and some decent ball control. I'm sure he's got weaknesses, but right now there's no reason not to be optimistic. I think the referee is maybe a little kind not to give a foul against the goalkeeper for Anderson's first, but it's Duku really forcing the error. 

Armstrong's goal is a brilliant strike with his left, and his cross for Anderson's second is perfect from his right. It's a big season for him. I still don't think we've really seen the best of him, but he needs to make himself undroppable for a couple of months and really show what he can do. He looks to have the capability to be a very good Championship player, if he can put it all together at once. 

Finally, a much kinder set of highlights for Nando. Winning some big headers and making a couple of key blocks. You'd have to imagine he's still the fourth choice centre back - even behind an unseen Frankie Musonda - but maybe all is not lost just yet. 

Agree with all of this. Felt for Armstrong last season, he had a lot of niggly injuries. He had just got himself fully fit and was finally starting to show what he was capable of when things were stopped.