The New Raith Rovers Thread

Gregory Tade fell over a ball against Norwich in his first friendly appearance and folk were literally laughing at how shit he was. He went on to deliver us some of the best moments we've had since the turn of the century. Look at the responses to us signing Dougie Hill and Grant Murray in the first 30 pages or so of this thread. It's absolutely irrelevant how the players look in a 10 minute highlight package for a meaningless game. There's wetwipes on twitter calling us a 'shambles' for shipping goals in a game which had as much significance as the Falkirk FC 2019/2020 goal difference lead. 

Trust in McGlynn and we'll see how we go when actual game start. We're missing a lot of bodies at the moment. Give it time. 

32 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Gregory Tade fell over a ball against Norwich in his first friendly appearance and folk were literally laughing at how shit he was. He went on to deliver us some of the best moments we've had since the turn of the century. Look at the responses to us signing Dougie Hill and Grant Murray in the first 30 pages or so of this thread. It's absolutely irrelevant how the players look in a 10 minute highlight package for a meaningless game. There's wetwipes on twitter calling us a 'shambles' for shipping goals in a game which had as much significance as the Falkirk FC 2019/2020 goal difference lead. 

Trust in McGlynn and we'll see how we go when actual game start. We're missing a lot of bodies at the moment. Give it time. 

TOTALLY agree!!

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Completely agree, plus Falkirk had a point to prove whereas we just need to worry about the championship.

It wasn’t asked by the interviewer, not to say it wasn’t asked by the fans. [ I know it was] [ do you really not think that all the questions were hand picked and discussed before hand?]

Although it was a good informative interview I didn’t hear too many direct questions that appeared to come from the fans but more that flowed from the conversation (maybe that’s down to a good interviewer)

Many people donated money towards the legal bill but we have not been told if the club have  had to pay a single penny towards it. They are entitled to know or if some chose to do so have their money returned to them if the club did not have to pay it towards the court bill. It was not only Raith fans who donated to this fund

I’d say this does have to do with transparency.

There may be a legal instruction regarding revealing the exact details but we are entitled to know if the club were out of pocket or not. 

Edited by spot on
Error

2 minutes ago, spot on said:

It wasn’t asked by the interviewer, not to say it wasn’t asked by the fans. [ I know it was]

Although it was a good informative interview I didn’t hear too many direct questions that appeared to come from the fans but more that flowed from the conversation

Many people donated money towards the legal bill but we have not been told if the club have  had to pay a single penny towards it. They are entitled to know or if some chose to do so have their money returned to them if the club did not have to pay it towards the court bill. It was not only Raith fans who donated to this fund

There may be a legal instruction regarding revealing the exact details but we are entitled to know if the club were out of pocket or not. 

The court has prohibited the revealing of the results, even stating that the club were not out of pocket or were out of pocket for more or less than donated would violate that order.

It wasn’t asked by the interviewer, not to say it wasn’t asked by the fans. [ I know it was] [ do you really not think that all the questions were hand picked and discussed before hand?]
Although it was a good informative interview I didn’t hear too many direct questions that appeared to come from the fans but more that flowed from the conversation (maybe that’s down to a good interviewer)

Entitled? I think many / most will have donated in good faith and wished the club the best, without much thought about what proof they will receive of how their money was spent. It was a donation, not an invoice. I donated, and if the club dodges or has dodged a bill and can keep the money, I know I've donated to the greater good of the club I choose to support.

5 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Look at the responses to us signing Dougie Hill and Grant Murray in the first 30 pages or so of this thread. 

I just had a read of the first thirty pages, and was relieved to see that "trust in McGlynn and give it time" was pretty much my catchphrase throughout.

What amused me more than the slagging of Tade and Hill was all the talk of how there was no way we'd get away with playing Davo at centre-back in the higher division.

Thomson;

Davidson, Mendy, Benedictus;

Tumilty, Tait, Hendry, Matthews, MacDonald;

Ugwu, Duku. 

Intrigued but not surprised to see McGlynn give the 3-5-2 another run out. Put Jamie MacDonald in goal and swap Musonda for Mendy, and that could well be our strongest eleven, particularly if Vaughan is slow to get up to speed. 

On 20/09/2020 at 15:33, Roath Raver said:

We used our own equipment (the same camera as last year).  The friendlies aren’t bound by the SPFL rule that highlights can’t go up before midnight, that is why they were quicker yesterday.

Are you guys planning a test event once you have everything ready?

5 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Is Musonda injured? I think a 3 at the back which includes an ancient Davo and Mendy is certainly interesting.

He is. "The kind of injury you'd expect after a long lay-off" alongside Vaughan, Davo (who's returned tonight) and possibly one other I can't remember now.