The New Raith Rovers Thread

Technical question, was this all footage from the Pixellot system, excepting (of course) the goal cams? On that note, assuming it was, how was the editing process versus previous seasons for ease of creation and how will that and having to sync audio impact the posting timeframe?
Going by the sim interview I would say it is the rathtv equipment that was used. He said he wasn't sure if we would be using the pixelot system or not.

34 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Technical question, was this all footage from the Pixellot system, excepting (of course) the goal cams? On that note, assuming it was, how was the editing process versus previous seasons for ease of creation and how will that and having to sync audio impact the posting timeframe?

We used our own equipment (the same camera as last year).  The friendlies aren’t bound by the SPFL rule that highlights can’t go up before midnight, that is why they were quicker yesterday.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Going by the sim interview I would say it is the rathtv equipment that was used. He said he wasn't sure if we would be using the pixelot system or not.

29 minutes ago, Roath Raver said:

We used our own equipment (the same camera as last year).  The friendlies aren’t bound by the SPFL rule that highlights can’t go up before midnight, that is why they were quicker yesterday.

Thanks, hadn’t had time to peruse the Sim interview yet. So have you (at RaithTV) played with any of the Pixellot system feed and its capabilities of watching the whole field while tracking the action, or will that be strictly the football operation people? If you have played with it, do you think those of us spoilt by the RaithTV stream might be disappointed by the video from away games (when available PPV) if we elected to stream the video from the opponents while buying the RaithTV audio? Also, can RaithTV overlay audio onto the Pixellot stream from SP, of does it need to be RaithTV equipment? Thanks again to all RaithTV volunteers for all you do!

What was the script with Beto Carranza playing for you? One of our best players during the Bonetti era, former Argentine cap rocks up in Kirkcaldy, plays 2 games and is gone again?

He signed for us after your administration, along with Langfield and maybe one other? We went through players that season like Elizabeth Taylor went through husbands. He must have just signed for a month then decided to head back to Argentina. I saw him play away to Clyde but can’t remember much about his individual performance. It was a freezing cold December afternoon and we drew 0-0. Langfield played a few more games for us and was hopeless, his subsequent career as an SPL regular astounding many who saw him in a Raith shirt.

31 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Thanks, hadn’t had time to peruse the Sim interview yet. So have you (at RaithTV) played with any of the Pixellot system feed and its capabilities of watching the whole field while tracking the action, or will that be strictly the football operation people? If you have played with it, do you think those of us spoilt by the RaithTV stream might be disappointed by the video from away games (when available PPV) if we elected to stream the video from the opponents while buying the RaithTV audio? Also, can RaithTV overlay audio onto the Pixellot stream from SP, of does it need to be RaithTV equipment? Thanks again to all RaithTV volunteers for all you do!

I’ve not seen the footage from the cameras that have been installed, so couldn’t comment on the quality of it or how it could be used. the announcement on Friday basically has everything that RaithTV can share right now. Will also pass your thanks on to the rest of the team as well.

28 minutes ago, Enigma said:

He signed for us after your administration, along with Langfield and maybe one other? We went through players that season like Elizabeth Taylor went through husbands. He must have just signed for a month then decided to head back to Argentina. I saw him play away to Clyde but can’t remember much about his individual performance. It was a freezing cold December afternoon and we drew 0-0. Langfield played a few more games for us and was hopeless, his subsequent career as an SPL regular astounding many who saw him in a Raith shirt.

Jamie Langfield being shite was the reason we signed Julian Speroni so I can't begrudge Langfield his subsequent career!

Did Sim say we made a profit of over £100,000 in the latest accounts!? Just want to make sure I heard that right.

Excellent news if so. Obviously next year will be much more challenging and where the true effects of Covid will be felt but also encouraging to hear him say that we will survive this season even if fans aren’t allowed in. 

Did Sim say we made a profit of over £100,000 in the latest accounts!? Just want to make sure I heard that right.
Excellent news if so. Obviously next year will be much more challenging and where the true effects of Covid will be felt but also encouraging to hear him say that we will survive this season even if fans aren’t allowed in. 

Rather flies in the face of those bitter, simple-minded Hearts fans rubbing their hands at what they hoped would be our demise.

Good interview with John Sim. Spoke well and was honest about his plans and future plans. Don't think we could really ask for much more.

I am a bit disappointed that the railway stand has taking a  slight knock back in the pecking order but I can understand why. I am looking forward to having it revamped though. I would consider moving from the South Stand to the railway stand if it ever gets done 

5 hours ago, Roath Raver said:

I’ve not seen the footage from the cameras that have been installed, so couldn’t comment on the quality of it or how it could be used. the announcement on Friday basically has everything that RaithTV can share right now. Will also pass your thanks on to the rest of the team as well.

Now if you can just get that Pixellot camera head out of the way for the corners...

Good interview with John Sim. Spoke well and was honest about his plans and future plans. Don't think we could really ask for much more.
I am a bit disappointed that the railway stand has taking a  slight knock back in the pecking order but I can understand why. I am looking forward to having it revamped though. I would consider moving from the South Stand to the railway stand if it ever gets done 

The only thing that concerned me would be the reluctance of getting fans into the ground. If they are offered say 1000 fans inside I'd think they may consider too much cost to run since they already have your money. There would be no other income streams. No members clubs will be open, no food. It may be more worthwhile just to stream it to fans with an empty stadium.

In all honesty, at the moment getting fans back is a pipe dream given the cases are rising and its only going to get worse with more people indoors during the winter. If we open it up to fans, then you'll have a number who don't want to risk it then you lose that income. Then you've got the potential of outbreaks. If its cheaper to be behind closed doors and offer streaming then so be it. What reassured me was how optimistic Sim is for the current situation. I doubt he'd come out and be telling us we're fucked but he seemed quietly confident we're equipped for the current situation.

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

Never say never, but it looks unlikely there will be any commentary overlaid onto the SPFL Pixellot stream.

If the home clubs are streaming using their own equipment, rather than through the SPFL system, theres no reason why you wouldnt be able to access the stream directly from them.

53 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Never say never, but it looks unlikely there will be any commentary overlaid onto the SPFL Pixellot stream.

If the home clubs are streaming using their own equipment, rather than through the SPFL system, theres no reason why you wouldnt be able to access the stream directly from them.

Cheers, Raith TV have already said they will be using their equipment and thta other clubs have enquired about showing the Raith TV feed in their home clubhouses to fans.

7 hours ago, foreverarover said:
9 hours ago, Offshore Rover said:

The only thing that concerned me would be the reluctance of getting fans into the ground. If they are offered say 1000 fans inside I'd think they may consider too much cost to run since they already have your money. There would be no other income streams. No members clubs will be open, no food. It may be more worthwhile just to stream it to fans with an empty stadium.

They've charged £200 for a season ticket. If they are allowed fans in, in my opinion they have to accommodate that in some way. That's the premise on which the tickets were sold, essentially as a way of ensuring you can get access to the ground once crowds are allowed back. 

All a long way off though it seems. 

Edited by CALDERON

I haven't had the chance to listen yet, but reassuring to hear that we'll make it through even if fans aren't allowed back. 

Given the general tone of the last week, I think we can assume that fans will not be back until maybe March next year at the earliest.