The New Raith Rovers Thread

16 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

Lets have a look at what you never WON (awarded ) 8 games to play ? well done 🙄

Imagine it was East Fife. You guys would just give it back eh? Refuse it. Play in League 1 another season. 

You do realise every single one of us genuinely is taking the piss posting these photos of the team lifting the trophy. 

Whether you are “taking the piss” with your ridiculously broken replies remains to be seen however....

A7B288C1-F709-409B-9137-EDDA8140B894.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I didn't realise you guys had an elite academy. We were told we couldn't afford one and that you had to have an indoor facility to gain elite status.

We don't. He's referring to Fife Elite which is a collective Elite group shared between ourselves, Dunfermline, East Fife and Cowdenbeath. Each club can pick up players from Fife Elite and so far we've done very well with both of Bowie and Tait. Coulson (scorer of our first) was also signed from there after turning down a contract from the Pars. 

2 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

f**k me we look poor. Can’t see how Mendy is being blamed for it though, the first was poor but then again, Tumilty should be tracking his runner. 
I’m not looking forward to another season with Thomson either.

I'd expect Jamie MacDonald to be the regular starter. I'd imagine McGlynn will run with one keeper until injury/suspension/form kicks in. 

26 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'd expect Jamie MacDonald to be the regular starter. I'd imagine McGlynn will run with one keeper until injury/suspension/form kicks in. 

That's certainly what should happen, but when it comes to John McGlynn and goalkeepers, I'm taking nothing for granted! 

That's certainly what should happen, but when it comes to John McGlynn and goalkeepers, I'm taking nothing for granted! 
Macdonald is our no1 until he makes a mistake. He isn't here to sit on the bench and I'd imagine he's been told he will be no1 until such a time. Thomson hasn't been a bad 'keeper for us though. He's got his limitations but if he doesn't make the save against the pars in the cup, we would have lost that game imo. He also came in last season after a pretty big injury and made a massive difference to our defence when munro was looking shakey.

13 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I actually started typing the post saying "MacDonald will be number one" then I realised this is John McGlynn and I don't have a fucking clue how we'll end up. 

18 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Well, that defending was... bad. 

Not what I think our first choice will be in defence this season so there's that at least. 

Not to be too cynical, but the cupboard isn’t hiding much. Bene looked slow in that match, which I hope we can put down to the lay-off, but I don’t see Davo being a whole lot better. Mendy is still having positional issues, but his distribution looks rather neat...but seeing that today I’m pretty sure he’s not a starter every game. My bigger concern from that limited highlights package is that pretty much all the goals came against our left side (looked like Matthews in front of KMac and Bene). I really hope Frankie has something!

Thomson looked terrible on Falkirk’s first chance, totally frozen and failed to commit when he should have, then luckily got a hand on the ball. I would certainly expect JMac to be the starter over Thomson, and while I hope the problems today were a result of the layoff, it was a bit reminiscent of some of the weaknesses in his game last year.

On the plus side, it looks like we have a bit of speed up top this year.

As mentioned by others Mendy has no positional sense. He ca t track his man and looks like a dug chasing a car.

Our defence today were getting turned inside out. 

Thomson looked l iver the show with that early one on one but ti be fair he made some decent saves. 

Midfield lacked a bit of dig as well but it is only a friendly in fairness. 

2 hours ago, pub car king said:

As mentioned by others Mendy has no positional sense. He ca t track his man and looks like a dug chasing a car.

In the clips shown he had a couple of examples of positional errors, we can’t say if those occur often or on occasion, some other clips he looked fine. I’m not saying he’s a Championship player, but he’s not as much a lost puppy as he was. While I would much rather we had another CB and could loan him out to a League One or Two team for a few months, we might be forced to use him for depth.

Wow. Really was not expecting him to openly say, “please don’t boo players before they come on”. I think we have all underestimated the impact that us, the fans, had on Lewis Allan. I’m really, really ashamed of that whole episode. There’s still folk on twitter posting about his time at Stark’s Park. Something like this better never happen again.

Has there ever been an apology to Lewis Allan, on here or otherwise? If not, then I’m sorry for what happened. It’s really bothered me to find out how much the actions of Rovers fans affected him. Time for some reflection for some, I think. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

42 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Wow. Really was not expecting him to openly say, “please don’t boo players before they come on”. I think we have all underestimated the impact that us, the fans, had on Lewis Allan. I’m really, really ashamed of that whole episode. There’s still folk on twitter posting about his time at Stark’s Park. Something like this better never happen again.

It didn't work out as well as Lewis would have hoped at us but he never did anything close to merit being booed on to the pitch. 

Fucking bampots. 

19 hours ago, Roath Raver said:

If you do want to see the action from today's match, here it is...

Technical question, was this all footage from the Pixellot system, excepting (of course) the goal cams? On that note, assuming it was, how was the editing process versus previous seasons for ease of creation and how will that and having to sync audio impact the posting timeframe?