The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Death, taxes and squad ravaging injuries.

Reading that our squad is utterly ravaged by 'niggling' injuries made me feel a sense of normality stronger than anything else in months, even playing an actual game of football pales in comparison to Rovers announcing a chain of footballing casualties.

Edited by renton

6 minutes ago, renton said:

Reading that our squad is utterly ravaged by 'niggling' injuries made me feel a sense of normality stronger than anything else in months, even playing an actual game of football pales in comparison to Rovers announcing a chain of footballing casualties.

Except that Vaughan and Spencer probably pulled something ducking behind a display at Sainsbury’s to avoid being seen out not properly wearing masks, Davo pulled something while tossing a bottle at someone and Frankie will have something new and interesting that caused it, other than football!

Davo, Musonda, Spencer and Vaughan all out for a couple of weeks with niggly injuries.

Haven’t seen any article other than this on ere mentioning this. There was even a Fife Today article interviewing Frankie and he was saying he was loving training etc. all the good cliches like being welcomed in to the family club etc. But nothing even at the end saying anything about injuries...

3 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

Haven’t seen any article other than this on ere mentioning this. There was even a Fife Today article interviewing Frankie and he was saying he was loving training etc. all the good cliches like being welcomed in to the family club etc. But nothing even at the end saying anything about injuries...

It was in the FFP (print edition). It wasn't the headline story because they were too busy mourning the demise of the ice hockey season. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

Vaughan will be susceptible to little niggly injuries until he is fully fit and even then could still be that way. As long as its not a long term injury with him then it has to be seen as relatively positive and progress.
Actually a refreshing novelty for him to have just a niggling injury rather than a career threatening knee explosion.

I will probably end up "attending" more games than I have in years if its going to be streams for a large part of the season.
Easier to spin a couple of hours watching tv to the other half than gallivanting across the country and accidentally having too many pints in the process.

19 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

The article has now been added to the online version of the FFP.

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/trophy-presentation-league-one-champions-raith-rovers-2976079

23 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Davo, Musonda, Spencer and Vaughan all out for a couple of weeks with niggly injuries.

20 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

4 players injured ? ............. here we go again , l bloody hope not

23 hours ago, renton said:

Yaaaaasss. Here we go.

23 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Death, taxes and squad ravaging injuries.

perhaps the first normal thing that's happened in 2020?

....Well other than another Raith player (McKay) copping an ACL injury.

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Can't believe we're actually playing Raith in a friendly. I would not entertain these a*******s after their antics earlier this year. Their desperation for promotion followed by their lying we scrote of an exe chairman should've seen us steer well clear of them. I wouldn't trust them to turn up for this FFS.

Things you love to see.