The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

It’s definitely something that they need to look at, we’re into September and have no home shirts and fast running out of away shirts, the first game is not far away. All hats and scarfs sold out and even the face mask. There’s no mention from the club on any future stock expected dates, no info on new ranges like the training gear, I assume the new supplier will bring in other items too.

At the moment the club needs to maximise all its revenue streams, yes many fans gave donations to aid the club at a difficult time but even more fans will buy merchandise as it helps the club and they get something to show for their cash, it’s an easier sell to your other half you’ve bought a few items than you’ve chucked money down a black hole as like all fans have a loyalty to the club not like other businesses. I appreciate we’ve changed suppliers but the season normally starts in July and we’re 2 months past that and the first game isn’t far away.

I don’t know who is responsible for running the shop but we’re seriously losing income if we’ve nothing to sell and zero information about future stock.

I hope they get the training kits on sale, they looked decent. I don't normally buy a jersey unless they're on sale, but I'd be pretty keen to chuck £15-20 on a training kit. Folks are very willing to support Raith; the club needs to stop making things so hard for themselves.

16 hours ago, Frank conner said:

Joma seems to run a slick operation! The townies have some decent looking Joma gear but I doubt we will get similar. 

It will be available to you, Joma aren't going to turn down an order. 

However it is upto Raith to actually order it in, and stock it. 

I understand that expanding/filling the club shop ties up a reasonable amount of money in stock, but if you buy a job lot of Rovers scarves, you'll sell them all eventually. I can't imagine you're ever going to have to take a loss on that kind of stock. 

Would one of the local business owners who pop up to fund daft Skacel-esque signings underwrite that kind of enterprise? 

The topic of the club shop / merchandise is an "interesting" read, with lots of opinions offered and assumptions made, without fully appreciating the situation the club (and the world in general) is in during the global pandemic.

To offer a bit of balance, I spoke to someone at the club earlier regarding my baby kit order that had been delayed and had a good discussion with them over merchandise....

They said they changed to Joma to be able to offer leisurewear at reasonable prices for fans and the full training wear range will be available and has been ordered for some time but there are severe delays with the delivery of these – just like the home and away kits, the socks and baby kits, which were all ordered in February and have still not been fully delivered.

It’s unfortunate but is not the fault of the club.

They were told by Joma the leisurewear would start arriving last month, but it still hasn’t.

No-one at the club expected to sell as many home shirts as they did, but - again, they have had another batch on order for some time and are expecting them before the start of the season. They are waiting to hear an exact date of arrival before putting them on for pre-orders again.

The clubs main supplier of non-branded merchandise opened back up only 3 weeks ago and the club are looking at new stock ahead of Christmas.

If a supporter / customer has any ideas on what they’d like to see offered, then why not give the club a call as I’m sure they would be more than happy to discuss it.

Sounding off on here about how terribly things are done by RRFC, without trying to appreciate or understand why things have happened the way they have, doesn't do anyone any favours - it took me a 5-10 minute phone call with one of the staff to get the above info explained in full 😆

The topic of the club shop / merchandise is an "interesting" read, with lots of opinions offered and assumptions made, without fully appreciating the situation the club (and the world in general) is in during the global pandemic.
To offer a bit of balance, I spoke to someone at the club earlier regarding my baby kit order that had been delayed and had a good discussion with them over merchandise....
They said they changed to Joma to be able to offer leisurewear at reasonable prices for fans and the full training wear range will be available and has been ordered for some time but there are severe delays with the delivery of these – just like the home and away kits, the socks and baby kits, which were all ordered in February and have still not been fully delivered.
They were told by Joma the leisurewear would start arriving last month, but it still hasn’t.
No-one at the club expected to sell as many home shirts as they did, but - again, they have had another batch on order for some time and are expecting them before the start of the season. They are waiting to hear an exact date of arrival before putting them on for pre-orders again.
The clubs main supplier of non-branded merchandise opened back up only 3 weeks ago and the club are looking at new stock ahead of Christmas.
If a supporter / customer has any ideas on what they’d like to see offered, then why not give the club a call as I’m sure they would be more than happy to discuss it.
Sounding off on here about how terribly things are done by RRFC, without trying to appreciate or understand why things have happened the way they have, doesn't do anyone any favours - it took me a 5-10 minute phone call with one of the staff to get the above info explained in full [emoji38]

None of this is new though. The merchandise has been poor well before Covid.

Sounding off on here about how terribly things are done by RRFC, without trying to appreciate or understand why things have happened the way they have, doesn't do anyone any favours - it took me a 5-10 minute phone call with one of the staff to get the above info explained in full [emoji38]

It would also take 5-10 minutes for them to put the information you received on the website to keep fans updated. I doubt they want everyone to ring the office for a 5-10 minute chat.

4 hours ago, Watcher of the Raith said:

😆

Maybe Andy Barrowman squared us away but we received all our stuff in good time. 

9 hours ago, JAR said:

We would be better off with local suppliers for at least some of our merchandise as they can resupply within 2-4 weeks. They also don't require huge numbers to supply re orders

Providing it's a catalogue order and not a custom one (eg like your home kit?) then the minimum order is 1.

On 02/09/2020 at 16:35, Scary Bear said:

Season tickets are out. Mine arrived today.

The letter accompanying the season ticket has a photo of the bald messiah looking resplendent in sunglasses while holding the league trophy we deservedly won. 

C9DA4FB7-5BE7-4155-AA67-504E09119A80.jpeg

the league trophy we deservedly won.  NO , 8 GAMES TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  🖕

7 hours ago, Watcher of the Raith said:

Sounding off on here about how terribly things are done by RRFC, without trying to appreciate or understand why things have happened the way they have, doesn't do anyone any favours - it took me a 5-10 minute phone call with one of the staff to get the above info explained in full 😆

The club churns out the same excuses every season. Forgive me if I take that with a pinch of salt. 

28 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Your perma rage, albeit tedious and a bit monotonous, is quite satisfying. 

I imagine even Scary had given up hope of a bite on that, but along comes Tazz...