The New Raith Rovers Thread

Back in the days when the club shop was stocked and run by the supporters club there was always a selection of polo shirts,beach towels,football tops,t-shirts and various stocking fillers. I even still have some of the Shuggie and Duggie range of items that were brought out. Alas, the club thought they could do it better.

2 hours ago, steakngravy said:

Back in the days when the club shop was stocked and run by the supporters club there was always a selection of polo shirts,beach towels,football tops,t-shirts and various stocking fillers. I even still have some of the Shuggie and Duggie range of items that were brought out. Alas, the club thought they could do it better.

If there was always a selection does that mean no one bought anything ?

The club shop is a missed opportunity to exploit a valuable income stream. As has been mentioned they frequently sell out of common sizes, you should be ordering more medium and large sizes in as these are the most popular. 
The stuff they get in off their own back just looks poor quality. They have chosen Joma and made mention that there would be all manner of training wear and kit available which simply hasn't materialised. Kits have sold out with no option to even pre order on the website. 
The fact is the club are to be run as a business then they need to sort it out as people would spend money but they can't buy what isn't there for sale. 

It’s definitely something that they need to look at, we’re into September and have no home shirts and fast running out of away shirts, the first game is not far away. All hats and scarfs sold out and even the face mask. There’s no mention from the club on any future stock expected dates, no info on new ranges like the training gear, I assume the new supplier will bring in other items too.

At the moment the club needs to maximise all its revenue streams, yes many fans gave donations to aid the club at a difficult time but even more fans will buy merchandise as it helps the club and they get something to show for their cash, it’s an easier sell to your other half you’ve bought a few items than you’ve chucked money down a black hole as like all fans have a loyalty to the club not like other businesses. I appreciate we’ve changed suppliers but the season normally starts in July and we’re 2 months past that and the first game isn’t far away.

I don’t know who is responsible for running the shop but we’re seriously losing income if we’ve nothing to sell and zero information about future stock.