The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

What the club does have to pay is staff wages, Income tax, NI contributions, Pensions, Utilities, rates and other services including medical expenses and even legal assistance all of which in the main is hoped to be covered by gate income, hospitality and lottery etc.  The begging bowls came out in March with well over £70,000 wages to pay during a time when without income or any idea of when that income would recommence, the board reckoned the club could survive around another 6-8 weeks.  

Perhaps some of that £100,000 raised quite willingly by the fans is being held in reserve for a future rainy day, it's certainly not being frittered away on nan essentials.

Given that these payroll costs would've been covered in the end by the JRS (assuming we didn't top up the salaries) I would certainly expect a reasonable chunk of that money to still be in reserve. 

I also hope its not being used to fund any of these stadium 'improvements'. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

I think the 800 or so season tickets, coupled with a healthy fundraising campaign will be enough to see us through an uncertain season. Especially when you add in shirt sales, lotto cash and whatever other commercial money the club can bring in. We haven’t spent fortunes on the squad, having just enough to stay up will be more than acceptable to the club and the fans.

SSP and RR both need each other to survive so will both work together. This is a lot easier with Sim now driving both.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah, you don't get to choose when it comes though. If you are going to post absolute tosh you're going to get pulled up for it.  😋

Ahh the Pish spouting authority speaketh.

Bolt!

21 hours ago, Michael W said:

Working on the stadium, which may not see fans for a while yet depending on how things go, definitely seems like our big priority right now. 

Unless the maintenance is essential, it should be at the back of the list currently, quite frankly. 

I heard that Davo is behind this. He phoned the Chairman and told him he would cut out the needless backchat and yellow cards if we fixed the seats. 

Apparently the sight of all those missing seats really annoys Davo which leads to the outbursts and the occasional lack of concentration. John Sim is replacing the seats for Davo’s health and wellbeing. I wholeheartedly support this move.

54 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I heard that Davo is behind this. He phoned the Chairman and told him he would cut out the needless backchat and yellow cards if we fixed the seats. 

Apparently the sight of all those missing seats really annoys Davo which leads to the outbursts and the occasional lack of concentration. John Sim is replacing the seats for Davo’s health and wellbeing. I wholeheartedly support this move.

It has taken some time, but it's good to see that Mr Davidson and I have found some common ground there - they annoy me too. 

I think the 800 or so season tickets, coupled with a healthy fundraising campaign will be enough to see us through an uncertain season. Especially when you add in shirt sales, lotto cash and whatever other commercial money the club can bring in. We haven’t spent fortunes on the squad, having just enough to stay up will be more than acceptable to the club and the fans.

SSP and RR both need each other to survive so will both work together. This is a lot easier with Sim now driving both.

We’d have a lot more if our shop actually had any stock to sell as half of it just says “Sold Out” has done for ages.

We’d have a lot more if our shop actually had any stock to sell as half of it just says “Sold Out” has done for ages.
I can't understand why the shop has been so poor for so long. Years. I'm not privy to the details of contracts but it seems that, regardless of supplier, we have stock in and sold out right at the start of the season, then 8 months of stuff that no-one wants and the occasional raid on the squad used training kit. Ropey t shirt designs, very little of what would be popular supporting a team in Scotland (winter jackets, good fleece etc) but plenty brandy glasses. Other teams do it so much better - Ayr Utd straight off the top of my head - and we've never been good at it.

32 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
3 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

I can't understand why the shop has been so poor for so long. Years. I'm not privy to the details of contracts but it seems that, regardless of supplier, we have stock in and sold out right at the start of the season, then 8 months of stuff that no-one wants and the occasional raid on the squad used training kit. Ropey t shirt designs, very little of what would be popular supporting a team in Scotland (winter jackets, good fleece etc) but plenty brandy glasses. Other teams do it so much better - Ayr Utd straight off the top of my head - and we've never been good at it.

Agreed. I’d be interested to know who approves the designs and gives the nod for the quantities/sizes of stock we buy. A lot of the stuff is not to my taste and we seem to get left with odd sizes which seems to suggest we need to keep better track of popular sizes for our support from year to year.

I remember when the club shop used to be in the back of the Main Stand and it was absolutely heaving with strips, jackets, jumpers, scarves, hats, footballs, keyrings etc - and that was when we were part-time in the late 80s. Almost impossible to buy a scarf these days.

Staggeringly poor offering and, as pointed out, has been that way for far too long. Someone at the club really needs to go round other clubs at our level and see what can be done. It will help hook young fans for the future if we’ve got a proper selection of stock.

22 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No.

It doesn't matter how often you say it and using my name (which isn't hidden but is a breach of P&B rules) doesn't change it. If you post nonsense it will be pulled up. And it is utter nonsense to suggest every business in the country is constantly restarting.

200.gif

Agreed. I’d be interested to know who approves the designs and gives the nod for the quantities/sizes of stock we buy. A lot of the stuff is not to my taste and we seem to get left with odd sizes which seems to suggest we need to keep better track of popular sizes for our support from year to year.

I’ve thought this also, you can say based on the last 5 years, why don’t we have W amount in Medium, X amount in Large, Y amount in XL, and Z amount in XXL. And then have a few extra in each. Rather than x amount of the same quantity in sizes varying from S-XXL.

Looking forward to seeing what else Joma/the Club stick on sale. Im a big fan of the training tshirt.IMG_5398.jpg

Season tickets are out. Mine arrived today.

The letter accompanying the season ticket has a photo of the bald messiah looking resplendent in sunglasses while holding the league trophy we deservedly won. 

C9DA4FB7-5BE7-4155-AA67-504E09119A80.jpeg

Edited by Scary Bear

33 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

I’ve thought this also, you can say based on the last 5 years, why don’t we have W amount in Medium, X amount in Large, Y amount in XL, and Z amount in XXL. And then have a few extra in each. Rather than x amount of the same quantity in sizes varying from S-XXL.

Looking forward to seeing what else Joma/the Club stick on sale. Im a big fan of the training tshirt.IMG_5398.jpg

Quite like that shirt, and, of course, it’s not on offer.

The club shop is a missed opportunity to exploit a valuable income stream. As has been mentioned they frequently sell out of common sizes, you should be ordering more medium and large sizes in as these are the most popular. 

The stuff they get in off their own back just looks poor quality. They have chosen Joma and made mention that there would be all manner of training wear and kit available which simply hasn't materialised. Kits have sold out with no option to even pre order on the website. 

The fact is the club are to be run as a business then they need to sort it out as people would spend money but they can't buy what isn't there for sale.