The New Raith Rovers Thread

Penman and Sim though....would be like sticking a lion and a tiger in the same room and hoping they play nice. Wouldn't be aversed to Penman being on board if all parties are in agreement and there's nothing sinister going on. The mans minted at the end of the day and has put money into the club in recent years I believe or at least assisted funding players.  

26 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Penman and Sim though....would be like sticking a lion and a tiger in the same room and hoping they play nice. Wouldn't be aversed to Penman being on board if all parties are in agreement and there's nothing sinister going on. The mans minted at the end of the day and has put money into the club in recent years I believe or at least assisted funding players.  

They’re both Rovers men at the end of the day. The club comes first, and why wouldn’t it. A proud and distinguished history of joy and pain. 

Our main source of income is fans going to games, and we don't know when that will happen again.  Makes sense in principle having someone in who wants to invest.

The  Penman rumour happens every year though.  

37 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Our main source of income is fans going to games, and we don't know when that will happen again.  Makes sense in principle having someone in who wants to invest.

The  Penman rumour happens every year though.  

It’ll be foolish to turn away money, especially in such short supply. 

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
6 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:
It’ll be foolish to turn away money, especially in such short supply. 

Depends where its coming from though. Another anelka type fiasco is best avoided regardless of the amount on offer.

I was meaning the Penman family

I,d be surprised if this was investor related,more likely a disagreement/fall out/Sim flexing his power.Anyone willing to invest in football has either too much money or need their head tested especially just now 

Penmans been drip feeding our club for years

Edited by Rovers_Lad

I,d be surprised if this was investor related,more likely a disagreement/fall out/Sim flexing his power.Anyone willing to invest in football has either too much money or need their head tested especially just now 
Penmans been drip feeding our club for years

And also now heavily involved with the YM who are in the senior pyramid. I’m not sure you can have involvement with two clubs?

How much of our income is derived from season tickets v pay at the gate? Ultimately we are losing whatever the difference is at the moment although at least the season ticket money allows a fall back (albeit I don't know where we're at v last season). 

We'll so have had 5 months of absolutely zero income from pitch hire which is not good and probably would've been anticipated. No fault of anyone, but the finances aren't going to be looking great and bear in mind Sim is/was an auditor. New signings can't be furloughed either so we are incurring some expenses as well. 

18 minutes ago, Michael W said:

How much of our income is derived from season tickets v pay at the gate? Ultimately we are losing whatever the difference is at the moment although at least the season ticket money allows a fall back (albeit I don't know where we're at v last season). 

We'll so have had 5 months of absolutely zero income from pitch hire which is not good and probably would've been anticipated. No fault of anyone, but the finances aren't going to be looking great and bear in mind Sim is/was an auditor. New signings can't be furloughed either so we are incurring some expenses as well. 

The last comment from the club re season tickets was on 15th August with 800 sold. Think last year was just over 900. According to stats average home attendance last season was 1838. So would think income would be roughly 50/50. IIRC the football club get nothing from pitch hires. It all goes to SPP. Would also assume less income from advertising.

23 minutes ago, Surely No said:

The last comment from the club re season tickets was on 15th August with 800 sold. Think last year was just over 900. According to stats average home attendance last season was 1838. So would think income would be roughly 50/50. IIRC the football club get nothing from pitch hires. It all goes to SPP. Would also assume less income from advertising.

The club may indeed get nothing, but that money ultimately helps pays back the substantial outlay on the pitch.