The New Raith Rovers Thread

I imagine the last 4/5 months will have seriously taken its toll on him. He stated on one of the BBC podcasts he would have swapped places with Falkirk if he had known the fall out that would have followed.

Now whilst that is obviously an exaggeration for effect I think it highlights how much it has taken out of him. He’s done a very good job on the whole and will be a big loss but I’m hopeful it’s just a personal decision by him rather than anything deeper to cause greater concern regarding the club.

24 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Heard a rumour that money is being invested into the club from an outside source, maybe this has something to do with it and new investment has meant a place on the board. Like I say just a rumour.

If that’s true then the owner has learned f**k all from our history of the last 20 years.

That's confirmation that Bill Clark has stepped down, with immediate effect, but with no reasons offered. I wonder if Bill might utilise his new pals in the media to offer an explanation. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised, however, if it is as alluded to above. It can't have been easy being the lightning rod for everything that's gone on recently, and with it all finally settled, now might be the right time for him to step away. 

John Sim in as interim chairman, too. He really does hold a lot of cards. 

Purely conjecture, but it's been a difficult few months for the guy and I do wonder if there is some underlying thing with the eventual vote change over reconstruction. I wouldnt be surprised if Clark's previous public enthusiasm for reconstruction was genuine, but that Sim had over ruled him.

Again, nothing in that but my own baseless conjecture.

Edited by renton

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

That's confirmation that Bill Clark has stepped down, with immediate effect, but with no reasons offered. I wonder if Bill might utilise his new pals in the media to offer an explanation. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised, however, if it is as alluded to above. It can't have been easy being the lightning rod for everything that's gone on recently, and with it all finally settled, now might be the right time for him to step away. 

John Sim in as interim chairman, too. He really does hold a lot of cards. 

In fairness, no more now than he did before. Clark's job was alway s just to run Sim's club on a day to day basis. 

Aye, like everyone I’m shocked at this. Bill was a good guy, and done brilliantly leading the club back to the Championship and giving us such a good voice during the pandemic. He also done wonders with the club engaging with the fans again. He’s also spoken in interviews fairly recently about the up and coming season, which also makes this even more out of the blue. So maybe he is just burnt out from the last 4-5 months, and had enough of it. Hopefully nothing too serious health wise either.
Cheers Bill, all the best!