The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, tazz1903 said:

bD21W3LR.jpg

That’s clearly at least Stage 3 or 4.

12 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Will be interesting to see how McGlynn will line us up this season.

Off hand...at first, till we get a better feel for the League and player performances...and this will change once the team works together a bit...

MacDonald

Tumilty, Musonda, Bene, MacDonald

Hendry

Spencer, Matthews

Tait

Ugwu, Vaughan

Option to put Davo in the middle, with 5 across, and play Hendry up onto Matthews spot. Your mileage may vary, for external use only, do not eat, remove before flight...

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

I think we need another proven centre half. We have Bene, Davo who is surely on his last legs at this level, Mendy who just isn't fancied and Frankie who is a complete unknown.

A loanee is likely the only option...and not as likely because we have two or three “starting” CB’s already.

Edited by TxRover

8 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

If I was picking the team for a game tomorrow, I think I'd go 3-5-2. Musonda joining Bene and Davo at the back, Tumilty and MacDonald at wing back. Midfield three of Matthews, Spencer and Hendry. Front two of Vaughan and (a coin toss over Ugwu) Manny Duku. 

Fairly easy move to a 4-2-3-1 by removing one of the central defenders and putting in Armstrong. We don't really have a natural third player for that "3" but Vaughan is good enough to player either as the 10 or as the other wide forward. Whoever takes the other position is going to be fairly fluid in falling back into midfield anyway, you'd feel. 

I’d have the same team but Tait in place of Spencer. I reckon his added mobility will give him the edge this season, really excited to see how he gets on a level up. Another good showing and I think we’ll struggle to keep hold of him come next summer. 

Just drove past Starks after doing the school run, and from the slight gap in the gate next to the North Stand, someone was sticking the cones out. I know it’s only training, but really feels like that’s the season now in proper. Fucking love the Rovers!

5 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I’d have the same team but Tait in place of Spencer. I reckon his added mobility will give him the edge this season, really excited to see how he gets on a level up. Another good showing and I think we’ll struggle to keep hold of him come next summer. 

Hopefully he'll absolutely light the Championship up and be off for a 7 figure sum to join Ziggy at Fulham .

Well we can still dream :rolleyes:

Hopefully McGlynn can bring in a loan who can cover at lb because I don’t want to see Armstrong getting chucked in there again, even though he wasn’t too bad when he did play there 

You could say the same for RB. In my opinion we still lack a player could could ideally cover both these positions as back-up, and at least 1 more winger.

1 hour ago, RRFC1989 said:

You could say the same for RB. In my opinion we still lack a player could could ideally cover both these positions as back-up, and at least 1 more winger.

Playing devils advocate:

LB cover, Bene and Armstrong

RB cover, Mendy and Davo

Winger is a mixed bag of odds and sods out of position for cover.

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

Hopefully (Tait will) absolutely light the Championship up and be off for a 7 figure sum to join Ziggy at Fulham .

Well we can still dream :rolleyes:

I’d actually love for him and Hendry form an effective midfield paring and develop into the nucleus of a Rovers team for years to come...but beggars can’t be choosers. If Dylan “tears up” the Championship, he might be closer to a eight-figure prospect given his youth and position.

43 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Playing devils advocate:

LB cover, Bene and Armstrong

RB cover, Mendy and Davo

Winger is a mixed bag of odds and sods out of position for cover.

I’d actually love for him and Hendry form an effective midfield paring and develop into the nucleus of a Rovers team for years to come...but beggars can’t be choosers. If Dylan “tears up” the Championship, he might be closer to a eight-figure prospect given his youth and position.

Your determined to shoe horn Mendy into the team some way or another 😅

Are you his agent?

Edited by Rovers_Lad

If it’s a back 4 we play, I suspect it’ll be Bene & Musonda that are the centre half’s. And Davo as back up. (Hopefully!!). As I reckon it probably would have been Bene & McKay the pairing of choice.
If a back 3, then it’ll be Bene, Davo & Musonda.
Hopefully Mendy goes out on loan again, and we can just get someone in on loan as proper cover. Shame, but Mendy is murder!