The New Raith Rovers Thread

18 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I would rather we never signed another black player.

Despicable racism IMO.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

Grant washes out tomato ketchup bottles before he puts them in his green bin!

*edited to add, so does Yoss!

Doesn’t everyone rinse stuff out before putting it in the green bin? I’ve got a mini green bin in the kitchen. If i don’t rinse things out, the bin stinks. Especially old 6 pint milk containers. Recycling is a serious business these days. It’s what separates us from the animals.

16 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Well maybe you should go also then Dunfermline fans because you couldn't see driving home the other night because you dont even wear your glasses in case you get slagged of so you just stick to Specsavers and I'll do the game. 

This went over my head until I saw the Charlie Nicholas SSN photo.

6 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Doesn’t everyone rinse stuff out before putting it in the green bin? I’ve got a mini green bin in the kitchen. If i don’t rinse things out, the bin stinks. Especially old 6 pint milk containers. Recycling is a serious business these days. It’s what separates us from the animals.

Recycling is passé, upcycling is where it’s at now! The Rovers are clearly upcycling players, unlike Falkirk last year when they ended up simply recycling a number of them...plus binning Ray.

Plus, in singing news, rumors that Milli-Vanilli weren’t all they seemed.

Edited by TxRover

Will be interesting to see how McGlynn will line us up this season. Without signing another winger implies either playing with a front 3 (Vaughan either LW or RW) along with Armstrong and either Duku or Ogwu being the main striker. Or playing narrower and having both Duku and Ogwu up front with Vaughan playing in the hole behind them, supported by Spencer, Hendry and Tait/Matthews in a diamond. Both of those would be with a back 4, but can easily become 352 with an extra CB. I’m hoping we continue to play possession based football, especially at home, but can mix it up as well. 

Watching the Champions league final and Bayern have been excellent at pressing. Would love to see us press with conviction, again especially at home this season. 

Will be interesting to see how McGlynn will line us up this season. Without signing another winger implies either playing with a front 3 (Vaughan either LW or RW) along with Armstrong and either Duku or Ogwu being the main striker. Or playing narrower and having both Duku and Ogwu up front with Vaughan playing in the hole behind them, supported by Spencer, Hendry and Tait/Matthews in a diamond. Both of those would be with a back 4, but can easily become 352 with an extra CB. I’m hoping we continue to play possession based football, especially at home, but can mix it up as well. 

Watching the Champions league final and Bayern have been excellent at pressing. Would love to see us press with conviction, again especially at home this season. 

Yeah think you could be right there Wardy!

I can’t wait to see the boys back in training tomorrow. It’ll make football returning for us seem a bit more real!

If I was picking the team for a game tomorrow, I think I'd go 3-5-2. Musonda joining Bene and Davo at the back, Tumilty and MacDonald at wing back. Midfield three of Matthews, Spencer and Hendry. Front two of Vaughan and (a coin toss over Ugwu) Manny Duku. 

Fairly easy move to a 4-2-3-1 by removing one of the central defenders and putting in Armstrong. We don't really have a natural third player for that "3" but Vaughan is good enough to player either as the 10 or as the other wide forward. Whoever takes the other position is going to be fairly fluid in falling back into midfield anyway, you'd feel.