The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Aye we should have stuck to signing somebody like Dale Carrick or Callum Tapping... hold me back.

I’m glad McGlynn’s rolled the dice a bit this season. Welcome to the club Gozie.

For every signing like those you'll get a Javier Amaya or Nando Mendy from the unknowns.  In honesty, nobody has a clue how it'll go. In the past few years we've been told we'd signed shite when we picked up Brian Graham and, more recently,  Kevin Nisbet.  We brought in Declan McManus who had banged in 20 goals for a promoted Morton who then struggled. 

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

This squad really feels like it's built for everyone in the midfield and forward areas to score a handful, rather than looking for a striker to score twenty. 

When you look at the technical ability in our midfield (Vaughan, Hendry, Spencer, Tait) maybe it's not the worst idea to put big men up front and play off them.

Or am I clutching at straws? 

I'd agree with that. You've got the likes of Spencer, Hendry and MacDonald who created plenty of chances last season. 

21 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

This squad really feels like it's built for everyone in the midfield and forward areas to score a handful, rather than looking for a striker to score twenty. 

When you look at the technical ability in our midfield (Vaughan, Hendry, Spencer, Tait) maybe it's not the worst idea to put big men up front and play off them.

Or am I clutching at straws? 

source.gif.80bc310ff1478113d30c795478d81aeb.gif

Another gamble in fairness he looks to have great physicality which is needed. Hopefully we don't spend the entire season punting long balls to him to head on.

Of the 3 boys from England the lad who was at Luton seems the surest bet but who knows. All 3 could be epic and just as easily all 3 could be shite.

Looking forward to seeing how these unknown lads get on, aye it’s a risk and as Scary Bear says it’s probably either a master stroke or disaster coming. You take your chances with any signing we’ve had proven players who’ve been rank and apparent no hopers who’ve been brilliant. I’ll trust McGlynn to get it right, we’ve still got a decent core and if we can get some luck with injuries should be able to fight to stay up.

Like his size and love of pounding balls at the net. Seem confident enough, and that can go miles, and from his video and comments seems around a bit to poach a goal, something we needed last year (and spent much of the year seeking). What’s wrong with 6’1” and full o’muscles? Sounds like JMcG is pretty much finished signings now.

Obviously he will score against us, that's a given but really, honestly you better hope he's improved since he left EEP. He's the only striker The Moff couldn't improve.

Your signings reek of Falkirk a few years back. Very hard to predict how you'll do.

7 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Obviously he will score against us, that's a given but really, honestly you better hope he's improved since he left EEP. He's the only striker The Moff couldn't improve.

Your signings reek of Falkirk a few years back. Very hard to predict how you'll do.

As long as it doesn’t reek of Ray’s Falkirk signings, we’ll get by.