The New Raith Rovers Thread

49 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Off topic but it must be nigh on 3 weeks if not more since the arbitration decision and it was muted then  that they would meet in 2 weeks to decide costs/responsibility..Is this subject to not open to public?

My thinking is either it's not been decided yet or more likely It has and just like the last judgement it has all gone pear shaped for them. As a result the Maroon morons and the Firhill fuckwits have requested the result not be made public to keep their own support in the dark as to their ineptitude.

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Played against us for Dunfmerline in 2014, according to his Wiki. Never known a pre-season like this one, all very exciting. 

Have to admit to a slight feeling of dread.

His scoring record for a dreadful Pars side looks decent but I do remember them not particularly rating him at the time.

He’s played at a respectable enough level done south and done okay but definitely another gamble. I wish we had at least one known quantity in the striking positions. I don’t think we have anyone in the squad that could guarantee us 10 league goals over a 27 game season so unless there is a loan signing coming in it looks like we will be reliant on everyone contributing with a steady number of goals all over the team again.

Tbf we managed it last season so got to trust McGlynn will get it right again. He likes powerful strikers to hold the ball up for the likes of Vaughan/Armstrong/Hendry etc to play off. Similar to Allan and MacLean last season so at least he is signing the right type of players for our style.

I suppose this time last year he was talking confidently about a striker partnership of Grant Anderson and Joao Victoria. Brought in Lewis Allan to a great chorus of shrugs, and perhaps got lucky that Bowie hit the ground running. Got to remember that Gullan, Baird and McLean all came in later to try and keep the goals coming.

My guess is the budget is shit and he's making the most of it.

There is a lot riding on Lewis Vaughan's knees.

Edited by renton

Have to say, its very hard to say how these lads will do. Maybe it's just the better the devil you know but I'd prefer a known quantity. Got to trust in McGlynn.

Aye we should have stuck to signing somebody like Dale Carrick or Callum Tapping... hold me back.

I’m glad McGlynn’s rolled the dice a bit this season. Welcome to the club Gozie.

This squad really feels like it's built for everyone in the midfield and forward areas to score a handful, rather than looking for a striker to score twenty. 

When you look at the technical ability in our midfield (Vaughan, Hendry, Spencer, Tait) maybe it's not the worst idea to put big men up front and play off them.

Or am I clutching at straws?