The New Raith Rovers Thread

21 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

seen him up the town before all this covid nonsense kicked off, he comes across as a really good, incredibly knowledgeable bloke. 

But then there's so much he says in interviews I don't agree with, all a bit strange. 

My faither chats away to him when he's out walking the dog, said he's a really decent bloke. He must have split personality, as he comes across as complete arsehole in the world of football.

I feel a bit sorry for Budge. When she first came in at Hearts she came across well, almost a breath of fresh air for the Scottish game. She’s been completely railroaded and turned by Levein since then and stuck by him through blind loyalty. She’s made a complete arse of herself, and her club since.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

This. It took an absolute age for Budge to sack him. He was kept on the books, and if I remember correctly, he even had a say in his successor. He's clearly on good terms with Budge so he's happy to parrot any lines from Tynecastle. They've completely circled the wagons trying to create a siege mentality - funnily enough the two clubs who are making big statements about 'remembering this summer and how we've been treated' have come from two board rooms at clubs where there's been large numbers of fans who have been unhappy with the decisions that have been made. 

After Cathro was punted Levein interviewed a load of candidates then appointed himself.

35 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I feel a bit sorry for Budge. When she first came in at Hearts she came across well, almost a breath of fresh air for the Scottish game. She’s been completely railroaded and turned by Levein since then and stuck by him through blind loyalty. She’s made a complete arse of herself, and her club since.

Her mask slipped fairly quick when she said she wanted to punt half the clubs in the country 

Guess for Hearts fans that red flags just look like flags when you're wearing maroon tinted glasses.

Edited by DA Baracus

Laurie Ellis's testimonial game.

Turnbull Hutton is asked to say a few words on the microphone, meanwhile Levein is chatting away to McGlynn at the side of the pitch behind him.

Turnbull is thanking all and sundry and gets to McGlynn who is off to the Hearts job 'I'd like to pay thanks to John who had to come in after Craig and sort out the mess he had left behind him'

Cue a puzzled Levein realising someone had mentioned his name, not for the first time he didn't know what the f**k was going on.

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

My faither chats away to him when he's out walking the dog, said he's a really decent bloke. He must have split personality, as he comes across as complete arsehole in the world of football.

Not exactly an uncommon situation. There is a pretty booming business in advisors and books telling people how to be arseholes in business to get ahead. For some reason there seems to be a belief that to get ahead in the football game, at least on the business side, you have to be a cold-hearted b*****d who would sell their children for a playoff run. It’s the old nice guys finish last writ large, and it doesn’t seem really true, but it still continues to be believed. The same books also advise that being a “normal” person outside of work will reduce stress...weird approach to work/life balance, but...

4 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Have any if you seen the nick of this arsetrumpet on twitter? Feel free to drop him a line.Screenshot_20200819-091520_Twitter.jpeg

Talking about awakening beasts from the club that gave us Graham Rix and Craig Thomson. 

Not to worry Hearts are off to play in England because everyone in Scotland is mean to them and it’s no fair. The thread on JKB is worth a read if you need a good laugh, totally delusional fans. Absolutely no understanding as to how or why the teams who play outside their own country only do so with the cooperation and permission of their home FA most for historical reasons (Welsh teams) or travel reasons (Border teams) Budge will probably try to claim they’re more persecuted than Derry City.

Hearts: Can we join your league
FA: only if the SFA and UEFA agree
SFA: [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

2 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Not to worry Hearts are off to play in England because everyone in Scotland is mean to them and it’s no fair. The thread on JKB is worth a read if you need a good laugh, totally delusional fans. Absolutely no understanding as to how or why the teams who play outside their own country only do so with the cooperation and permission of their home FA most for historical reasons (Welsh teams) or travel reasons (Border teams) Budge will probably try to claim they’re more persecuted than Derry City.

Hearts: Can we join your league
FA: only if the SFA and UEFA agree
SFA: emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Send them and the OF to England. Good riddance.

19 minutes ago, RaithRover123 said:

Send them and the OF to England. Good riddance.

Who Hearts they cant even compete in the Scottish Premiership which league would you put them in, around the 4th or 5th tier would be there level.

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

Who Hearts they cant even compete in the Scottish Premiership which league would you put them in, around the 4th or 5th tier would be there level.

Thought about this one for a while, and it got me wondering what it would take for English football to accept Hearts and the OF. I guess, if the Pan-European Super League ever launches, the EPL would have 4-6 open spots. Maybe promote to fill those, plug the OF into the Championship and promote as needed down the pyramid. Hearts, probably plug them in at League Two level simply because of their crowd sizes, not their level of play.

13 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Off topic but it must be nigh on 3 weeks if not more since the arbitration decision and it was muted then  that they would meet in 2 weeks to decide costs/responsibility..Is this subject to not open to public?

I was just thinking the same thing. Nobody at Hearts can hold their water though, so I'd be amazed if something doesn't leak when it is decided, even if the official judgement is sealed.