The New Raith Rovers Thread

14 hours ago, Grant228 said:

This though is the main thing really. 

I'd love us to sign some foreign bloke with a lovely tan, a penchant for outrageously coloured Nike mercurials and stepovers.

A name that you can barely pronounce? Would be even better. 

The flip side to this of course is our "Brazilian" Sergio Duarte.

He lived next door to my cousin & he told me that our Samba superstar used to have a kickabout in his front garden with his 4 year old daughter & the daughter was better than him.

15 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

Average salary pre corona was 35k p/a.

That’s about £675 a week, which clearly shows how much better off English football is if that’s sixth tier average.

2 hours ago, Varna Rover said:

tyhey may well be brilliant for us. could be we have signed 2 or 3 gems. be positive guys.

Typo had me checking Twitter for a new signing.

Edited by TxRover

1 hour ago, RRFC2711 said:

The Luton kid is very well thought of by their fans (old mate of mines is a hatter) I hope he fits in well.

Some of the fan forums are a bit more split on him, but all seem to agree there’s a player there. Seems Luton Town was moving up as Frankie moved in so it made it difficult to see time with the main team, hence the loans...it’s the failure to move up form the sixth level that is a little worrisome. That being said, if the Scottish Championship is generally equivalent to the fourth (and perhaps fifth) tier of English football, he’s not stepping up massively, so maybe...