The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Fans are allowed back in stadiums from September 17th..?

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

At least the 2nd time you've claimed this. We're far from certain that will happen. The Scottish Govt suggested there MIGHT be the possibility of some limited attendances at live outdoor sport from that date. We're yet to get detail of what that means and what procedures will need to be in place for it to happen, let alone the fact that it was conditional on keeping the virus under control. Since that announcement we've got Aberdeen going into lockdown (and Aberdeen FC's players not helping the case that football can be trusted to comply with measures required either). We also have schools going back for 4 or 5 weeks before that date and we'll see what that leads to.

I think we're a long way away from certain there will be fans in September. There's a chance, it's no more than that at this stage.

This isn't going to help Scottish football either.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/5912833/celtic-bolingoli-spain-quarantine-coronavirus/

Given the fact that the government have locked down a city of 230k people after a cluster which started from some guys watching football in a pub (apparently) , I wouldn't like to bet on thousands of football fans being allowed to go to games in little more than a month. 

Not saying that would be right or wrong, but I'd be surprised if anyone genuinely expects to be going to games when our season starts. 

Edited by CALDERON

Given the fact that the government have locked down a city of 230k people after a cluster which started from some guys watching football in a pub (apparently) , I wouldn't like to bet on thousands of football fans being allowed to go to games in little more than a month. 
Not saying that would be right or wrong, but I'd be surprised if anyone genuinely expects to be going to games when our season starts. 

Come on guys it was a joke about Hearts boycott of ourselves, I highly doubt there will be crowds for the first round of league fixtures, hopefully come the second round we’ll be allowed limited crowds but that all depends on how people behave and any second wave (we’re looking at you Aberdeen)

16 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
11 hours ago, CALDERON said:
Just seen the league Cup draw. What a dreadful group. 

Same group as two years ago but swapping Cove for East Fife. Its a competition which has gotten stale very quickly.

I said that at the time when the format came out that it would be very "same" very quickly. The first year was distorted by Rangers being a non seed and Hearts and Hibs being down a division too but once things settled back down, you've largely got the same three sides skipping the group stages every year in Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen. Pick any one from about 5 or 6 others to be other club each year. The seeds are largely the same every year. The second seeds are largely the same every year. The odd club in the middle geographically like Dunfermline and Hearts will change between North and South depending where the other seeds are (Dunfermline go South this year and last because we got ourselves out of the seeding list. If we finish ahead of Arbroath then Dunfermline swap back to North). Most of the unseeded teams are the same every year and again, with a couple of exceptions such as Stenhousemuir sometimes switching between North and South, it's largely the same 12 clubs in North and South. Regionalisation inherently cuts down on freshness.

This is the 5th year of the Betfred format. To be fair it's our first time in a group with St Mirren but we had Morton last year, Queens Park in 2018 and 2016, Partick Thistle in 2016. It's unlikely you'll avoid too many sides from the same region for more than 4 years at most whilst you'll rarely see clubs outwith your region at all unless you reach the last 16.