The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

What is his more natural position? Centre Mid I presume?

Not sure what his best position is but wouldn't fancy having him at centre mid. At rb he was a good defender but offered nothing going forward. Sitting in front of defence or being in a back three might be best for him imo. 

13 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

What is his more natural position? Centre Mid I presume?

We tried him there a couple of times. I think it is his natural position, but he looked the weakest of the 5 guys (him, Hendry, Matthews, Spencer and Tait) who played there over the season.

1 hour ago, spot on said:

Robbie Deas has just signed a 3 year deal with Inverness the ex Celt says he spoke to both Raith and Dunfermline but chose the treck  up north

Aye good for him, at 20 he's a good prospect (though not enough so at Celtic obviously)  but there's no way we could have offered him a 3 yr deal (I'm guessing he's on a good wage too!)

So now that iron's gone cold, we still need a centre half and there's not a lot going at this level, Callum Semple anyone?

I liked Miller and was disappointed we didn't keep him, until we signed Tumilty.  He was best for us at Right Back, and we have now signed someone better in that position it would appear so I'm happy enough.

I'm sure he will do absolutely fine though.  

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Michael Miller? Any good?

good squad player if he stays fit, can cover at right back, center half and also do a holding midfield role, chipped in with a couple of goals too. Should do a job for you, decent bloke by all accounts to boot, I’ d have kept him but  as he wouldn’t have been a first choice pick so understand releasing him but as said can cover many roles

Edited by spot on

Just to echo what everyone else thinks about MM, great utility man squad player can certainly  chip in with goals and assists when he's keen. Problem came when he was injured and had a lengthy spell of being unable to play. Sadly once he decided he was fit to return he never came back as good as he'd been. Maybe with a decent pre-season you'll get the best out of him yet.

I'd say he looked good in L1 and should be still have enough to do a reliable job in the Championship.  I'd certainly have kept him as a utility man even if he wasn't my 1st choice for any 1 position, as suggested above that may well be the main reason he's away.

Miller saying in his Ayr interview he was approached a few months ago and is expecting to play mainly as a defensive mid. Wonder if that didn’t appeal more than continuing on the back line with us, reserve or not.

1 hour ago, RaithRover123 said:

Apart from the 3-0 pumping of Dunfermline have Vaughan and Armstrong actually played together in any other games? 

Sure they played in the game at Arbroath just before Christmas 2018.

Vaughan didn't start, came off the bench.

Edited by bobbykdy

24 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I’ve renewed my season ticket. I am a Rovers superfan. All hail me!

Have we hit 600 yet? Will I get in the stadium in October?

The kids birthday party scene is gubbed for the foreseeable tbh. 

57 minutes ago, michaeljohnstone said:

Kevin Nisbet being replaced by Jamie Gullan after scoring his first hattrick in the top flight. Who’d have thought that after QOTS away?

Games against qots were the only games nisbet looked completely shite and useless for us