The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Being honest, getting £150k for someone who was unknown last year and who had a decent season in League 1 is a great bit of business.  He may not make it at Fulham, and we won't know for a long time, but at least if he does then we will see something come back to the club.  

Completely agree. Bowie had  a good season, especially at the start. It wouldn't surprise me if he disappears and we get very limited information for the next season or two. People forget that he's still only 17. 

4 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Can anyone remember what last seasons total was? I’d be impressed if we could shift a thousand in the current climate.

Was it not something like 900 odds.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Aye it was the 900s last year. I mind is pushing for 1000 on our socials but don’t think we quite got there. To have almost half that number signed back up in 1 day is encouraging.

It was, the last Official News statement by the club with a number was 2 August, 2019. They reported 904 season tickets sold by saying we were only 96 tickets short of the 1,000 goal. I couldn’t find any further news releases addressing season ticket totals.

Edited by TxRover

4 hours ago, renton said:

Was it not something like 900 odds.

4 hours ago, Jilted John said:

Can anyone remember what last seasons total was? I’d be impressed if we could shift a thousand in the current climate.

https://www.raithrovers.net/40726/season-tickets.htm

As Tex says by 2nd Aug we had sold 904 season tickets, there were more sales and I seem to recall their being a further push in December for 1/2 price tickets, can’t remember if we got there though but it’s in my mind that we did.

Edited by Scottydog

Anyone know it works for new tickets next week regarding seats. Are they assigned or can we choose? Trying to make sure I can try get my Dad and myself close together. 
I would like to assume you can sit together. I'm thinking with my dad even though we live in separate addresses the fact he can only get to a game travelling with myself means as much.

He signed for us after a spell at Brechin. He’d been out for a year or two with a bad injury and had played a handful of games with Brechin.

He looked steady enough but we were using him as a right back and it’s not his natural position - many have commented in here about our imbalance with MacDonald flying on one side but not so much anything down our right hand side.

He got injured again and was out for a good few weeks and had just got himself back into the team before lockdown occurred.

4 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

He signed for us after a spell at Brechin. He’d been out for a year or two with a bad injury and had played a handful of games with Brechin.

He looked steady enough but we were using him as a right back and it’s not his natural position - many have commented in here about our imbalance with MacDonald flying on one side but not so much anything down our right hand side.

He got injured again and was out for a good few weeks and had just got himself back into the team before lockdown occurred.

What is his more natural position? Centre Mid I presume?

Agree with what's been said. Surprised he got a move to a Championship club but a solid enough player. He's very much a jack of all trades, master of none without being awful in any position where he plays. He scored a good number of goals from being in the right place for set pieces but lacked the  attacking nature which MacDonald has. His main issue is injuries. He's been out for most clubs he's played with - it might be he can get a run of games together and stay injury free but I suspect he'll be a player who will always have a question marks over this. 

With that said, our defence was better for having him and he was a big improvement over the shambolic defence which we had the season before. It wouldn't surprise me if he's utilised more as cover at centre half or in midfield. Best of luck to him!