The New Raith Rovers Thread

I tried to renew on my iPhone. For some reason the drop down menu for ‘country’ didn’t work so I couldn’t continue with the renewal. I’ll try again on the laptop. Definitely renewing.

I don't think there is a promotion clause.

He has been signed as a youth prospect. He might get reserve team football at a push due to his physicality and the fact he has played first team football. 

From what was said, the clauses we negotiated in ziggys transfer deal, I.e should he play 50 first team games, get a Scotland cap etc, go up should they be promoted. I don't think Fulham being promoted actually gets us any more money unless certain clauses are met.

42 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I can't see that Fulham being promoted before Bowie has earned the chance to even train with the first team squad will be something that will trigger an extra payout for us. 

Everyone can’t see this but promoted clubs to the epl get £100m surely there’s a clause that includes that 

3 hours ago, RaithRover123 said:

Everyone can’t see this but promoted clubs to the epl get £100m surely there’s a clause that includes that 

No, I don't think there is.  And why would there be?  Fulham getting promoted now has in no way been influenced by Bowie.

However, as Grumswall said, the clauses which are in his contract (as far as I remember from the interview at the time) are that we will get a payment once he reaches a certain amount of first team games.

And that payout is higher if those games are played in the Premier than if they are played in the championship.

So we won't benefit now from Fulham being promoted, but we may benefit in the long term.

When Fulhum are relegated in a few years and have to ship out the high earners, Bowie will be primed to come in and score 30 goals in a promotion campaign, securing a 30m move to some mid table fodder in the Barclay's.

(On a serious note, imagine what something like that would do to our club. £4-5 million straight in the bank account. It would offer an unbelievable chance to get promoted and establish as a premiership club.)

New Season Ticket portal was a breeze! Well done the club for getting this facility in.

In terms of the squad, good to get Tumilty in, and fill a definite need for us. Duku is an absolute punt but if we can get service into him, he could do a job for us. Hopefully Vaughan is fit come September/October. Still think we need at least 3 or 4 in - Absolute priority now has to be a central defender to start along side Bene, and potentially another that can maybe cover at full back.- as good as Davo has been in L1 for us the past few seasons, I think the step up back to the championship will see him cover rather than anything else.

We look strong in the middle of the park with Hendry Spencer Matthews and Tait. Could do with another winger. I'd be amazed if we didn't bring in another striker as well.

Being honest, getting £150k for someone who was unknown last year and who had a decent season in League 1 is a great bit of business.  He may not make it at Fulham, and we won't know for a long time, but at least if he does then we will see something come back to the club.