The New Raith Rovers Thread

Anyone else had issues with their tops being delivered?? Was issued with a DHL tracking number which is coming up as invalid. Unless the gaffer is hand delivering it to me... 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

He did very well at Kelty by all accounts, but its a massive, massive jump to this level. I don’t think McGlynn sees him as a viable option and would guess he’ll go on loan again.

Falkirk are moaning about needing a RB...

But unless we get two more backs in, I suspect Mendy stays with us.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

You played him with a concussion? That's pretty poor form in this day and age. Did you not have a physio that could assess this?

I suspect several things played into this. He was still new and trying to impress the Gaffer that took a flyer on him, his play don’t seem off, the event that concussed him wasn’t very obvious and his English was limited. Combine even two of those and it becomes a real devil to catch.

Anyone else had issues with their tops being delivered?? Was issued with a DHL tracking number which is coming up as invalid. Unless the gaffer is hand delivering it to me... 
I did but my Royal Mail tracker number changed to being valid this evening - they're obviously sending out a batch at a time.

39 minutes ago, philpy said:

Mine arrived fine.  But I have an issue with the face masks.  Ordered them when they came out and got both of them delivered pretty quickly.  Then randomly on Saturday they sent me another two.

Don't mind having more masks given we're going to need them for the next wee while.  But I've had to email them to ask how I can pay them for the second set given that I didn't actually order them.

4 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

Mine arrived fine.  But I have an issue with the face masks.  Ordered them when they came out and got both of them delivered pretty quickly.  Then randomly on Saturday they sent me another two.

Don't mind having more masks given we're going to need them for the next wee while.  But I've had to email them to ask how I can pay them for the second set given that I didn't actually order them.

I messaged them on FB and they said to call the office tomorrow - everything is posted by royal mail so they were a bit perplexed as to why I was given a DHL tracking number. 

11 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

This happened to me as well. Received another one on Saturday and was perplexed to say the least. 

Will also email and see how I can pay for it because I can't be bothered with the hassle of sending it back. 

18 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

4 minutes ago, Michael W said:

This happened to me as well. Received another one on Saturday and was perplexed to say the least. 

Will also email and see how I can pay for it because I can't be bothered with the hassle of sending it back. 

I got doublers as well.

I would imagine an online bank donation would cover it.

1 hour ago, SanStarko said:

I got sent another 3 as well. Had to check my bank to see if they had charged me again but they hadn't. Was supposed to phone today but too busy at work. If they say its fine, I'll just give them the cash through the ticket thing

Quite like the sound of the RB and the big lad up top looks a handful, hopefully JmCG and Smudger can help polish him and improve. But he's big/strong and quick which in the Championship is a big plus.

As has been said above, happy to go with what we have with a couple of additions.

Imagine Tade signed though, eh, imagine that boiz.

image.png.d1574445eb25abf4cc8206264b89132f.png

34 minutes ago, HoustonRover said:

Quite like the sound of the RB and the big lad up top looks a handful, hopefully JmCG and Smudger can help polish him and improve. But he's big/strong and quick which in the Championship is a big plus.

As has been said above, happy to go with what we have with a couple of additions.

E23BE3B6-74E4-4C0D-B922-3A175FF2E0DC.thumb.jpeg.cff0c635e4efb9736240b6fecd431563.jpeg

Tade hasn't kicked a ball for almost 2 years... just saying [emoji849]

As much as I’d love it if he signed for us it is a bit of a red flag. He’ll be 34 when the season starts. Hw won’t be the pace-and-power striker he was when he left us.

Just now, Enigma said:

As much as I’d love it if he signed for us it is a bit of a red flag. He’ll be 34 when the season starts. Hw won’t be the pace-and-power striker he was when he left us.

Sadly this ^^^^^^^^ very much so.

16 hours ago, RaithRover123 said:

Hopefully a signing (Tadé) today to promote the season tickets 

10 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We’re still after a striker and Tade is available... emoji102.png

10 hours ago, RRFC1989 said:

IMG_4011.jpg
Lets make it happen!

4 hours ago, RaithRover123 said:

Tadé is coming back 

2 hours ago, HoustonRover said:

Plenty Tade touting toadies today.......

5 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Pretty sure it's been said before, but he was playing with a concussion that day. He'd barely just moved to Scotland and his English was limited to say the least. I don't expect him to be the best centre half to grace Starks but I think if he'd been that bad we'd have written off his contract. 

Well no, financially it costs quite a good amount for a one off payment to pay someone off when they've got two years left to run on a contract. 

Financially you would've been far better loaning him out, which is what you done. 

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Well no, financially it costs quite a good amount for a one off payment to pay someone off when they've got two years left to run on a contract. 

Financially you would've been far better loaning him out, which is what you done. 

Mendy was good in our friendlies last season, won a lot of aerial duels. Unless you were at those particular games and saw it differently?