The New Raith Rovers Thread

Tumilty’s a solid player for this level. Loan spell at Dumbarton last season helped him out massively and he never really looked out of place when we brought him back. Disappointing to lose him as we’ll struggle to recruit better in the current market. He’s a nice lad too, wish him well.  

Watched a YouTube highlights reel and decided he’s going to be absolutely magic [emoji471]

The main highlight of his reel was him being a bit greedy and missing a chance with two teammates in space, and one goes absolutely radge at him.

Why you’d include that on a highlights video I’ve no idea, but who cares, welcome to Fife Immanuelson “Count” Duku.

Welcome Manny, for anyone who's feeling underwhelmed by our new signings stats I'd point out that other than John Baird and possibly Paul McManus just about every free scoring striker I've seen the Rovers sign in my 40 odd seasons has proved if not a misfiring dud then to at least be nowhere near so proficient for us than they'd bee against us.

In the counter argument the likes of Dalziel, Brewster, Graham, Tade and Nisbet came as players with poor recent figures and look what they did, In John we trust.

Reghan Tummilty looks to be a great acquisition, I get the feeling that Morton fans didn't want to see him go, he could be our Macca on the RHS.

4 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Welcome Manny, for anyone who's feeling underwhelmed by our new signings stats I'd point out that other than John Baird and possibly Paul McManus just about every free scoring striker I've seen the Rovers sign in my 40 odd seasons has proved if not a misfiring dud then to at least be nowhere near so proficient for us than they'd bee against us.

In the counter argument the likes of Dalziel, Brewster, Graham, Tade and Nisbet came as players with poor recent figures and look what they did, In John we trust.

Reghan Tummilty looks to be a great acquisition, I get the feeling that Morton fans didn't want to see him go, he could be our Macca on the RHS.

Tumilty

Well, from JMcG’s interview, he’s still open to both 4 and 5 back. We currently have 3 (healthy) CB, including one unproven in SPFL football. John has stated a clear preference for roughly 6’+ defenders. So, who’s available in the 1) proven able to play Championship football 2) CB and 3) 6’+ (1.8m+)?

Also, John seems to refer to Duku as a more specific threat in the air rather than his striker signing goal, so he might not be our promised new striker. Of course, if we have Macca (the LB, that is 🤣) bombing up one wing and Reghan bombing up the other, lobbing balls into the goalmouth, maybe he is.

Do we think this is it on the signings front until the loan window starts.
Or has the McGlynn got another one up his sleeve?
I think he said in a previous interview he was looking at loan signings after he had got a winger 2 St's etc.

Well, from JMcG’s interview, he’s still open to both 4 and 5 back. We currently have 3 (healthy) CB, including one unproven in SPFL football. John has stated a clear preference for roughly 6’+ defenders. So, who’s available in the 1) proven able to play Championship football 2) CB and 3) 6’+ (1.8m+)?

4) can play LB and RB as back-up as were still short in that area

6 minutes ago, grumswall said:
13 minutes ago, pub car king said:
Do we think this is it on the signings front until the loan window starts.
Or has the McGlynn got another one up his sleeve?

I think he said in a previous interview he was looking at loan signings after he had got a winger 2 St's etc.

It sure sounded like he wants a signed CB with Dave out thou...

Anyone heard word on where Miller might land? Not suggesting we sign him, but he was a pretty good player for us the first half in League One, so I hope he finds a nice spot.

looking good!

MacDonald

Tumilty, Bene, Davo, MacDonald

Armstrong, Matthews, Hendry, Spencer

Vaughan & Duku

Subz, 

Thomson, Mendy, Anderson, Tait, Smith

Another 3 or 4 to come, a striker, a winger, a centre half. 

Might be time to raid Celtic for a loan or two. Can we have that jackpot winger and a spare centrehalf please?  Celtic had a kid on loan at Alloa last season wonder if he's been spoken for yet?

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Reghan Tumility speaks incredibly well, he seems like a right good egg.

His goal of the season award acceptance video was a good laugh. It'll be up on the DFC Facebook page I'm sure. His wallpaper is quite classy too, either that or he lives in a B&B.

Lewis Vaughan has just been and hand delivered my Rovers top..

And I wasn’t even in to accept it. My mum was though and said “I don’t think he was a player, he looked a bit chubby to be a player” [emoji23]

She then went on the site and picked Vaughan out and said it was definitely 100% him.