The New Raith Rovers Thread

Happy enough with that. In terms of right backs without a club in our price range in Scotland he appeared the best of what was left.

Also means we might get a @Jan Vojáček player report which is as good a reason as any to sign a player previously with Dumbarton.

4 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Happy enough with that. In terms of right backs without a club in our price range in Scotland he appeared the best of what was left.

Also means we might get a @Jan Vojáček player report which is as good a reason as any to sign a player previously with Dumbarton.

Awww, shucks.

Here you go. Lifted from our thread where someone got in first.

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

10/10 going forward. 7.5/10 defensively.  A bit of a lower league James Tavernier in the way he plays really. 

Scored our goal of the season and will bomb forward all day. He's a smashing footballer technically and you can tell he was a winger/wing-back in his early days because he'll always try and take a player on...even deep in his own half.. He's a pretty solid defender most of the time, but had a bit of a thing for no look balls across our own box during his time with us, also got a really tough time up against Blair Lyons - but that aside wasn't troubled all that much. I can just imagine he might have to reign in his attacking prowess a bit more in the Championship.

He was absolutely outstanding at Stark's in the 2-0 game in December which you might remember him from and I'd imagine he'll do very well with you lot. 

What formation are you guys likely to play? I can see him really suiting a 3-5-2.

4 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

He wasn't without a club, not that Morton have actually bothered their arses to confirm who was released or offered a deal.

Disappointed to lose him. It felt like after a poor first season and being loaned out at the start of last season he'd kicked on and was establishing himself as a solid Championship player. Just as he hits that level we lose him to another Championship club, but that's what happens when a club does f**k all to keep in touch with their players - I think Tumilty is even alluding to that in the interview there with his 'nice to get a call' comment.

Tumilty had half a season at Falkirk a couple years ago, always thought he was a solid champ/lower end of prem at best player, very solid right back for that level I think. Had a bit of passion about him too which counts for not much but is always nice to see 

One of our issues last season was how lopsided we were in starting attacks, since MacDonald could get forward and link up with whoever was in front of him, but Miller and then McKay were generally slower, wouldn't take a man on and often had to turn back to play the ball inside. So in that sense I think it's a good signing, gives other teams something to think about in terms of us getting forward.