The New Raith Rovers Thread

Anybody else get the new tops today?  Got the home and away one, and think they look a lot better in person than in the pics, although I think the Away one looks the best.  Not sure about the quality though, feel so thin compared to the Puma tops.

Yeah I received mines last night, absolutely buzzing, as you say much nicer in person. I only ordered the home one, even though I checked the Joma site for sizes, I wanted to make sure before going for the away top. Now I know to get the same size.
As for quality, I think it’s better than last season’s, there’s a bit of stretch in it also.
Happy all round. And looking forward to seeing what half zip jumpery training type stuff the club put on sale, my light blue puma “jumper” from 4/5 years ago, has probably seen its best days... and could do with an upgrade.

Yeah I received mines last night, absolutely buzzing, as you say much nicer in person. I only ordered the home one, even though I checked the Joma site for sizes, I wanted to make sure before going for the away top. Now I know to get the same size.
As for quality, I think it’s better than last season’s, there’s a bit of stretch in it also.
Happy all round. And looking forward to seeing what half zip jumpery training type stuff the club put on sale, my light blue puma “jumper” from 4/5 years ago, has probably seen its best days... and could do with an upgrade.
What was the sizing like w? Go for normal size or?

What was the sizing like w? Go for normal size or?

I went for the same size as the Puma (xxl). For what it’s worth, I got the shorts also (I know full kit w****r at my age...! But intention is for a holiday next year 🤞🏻), and I got them in a Large, and they’re ideal fitting,also a bit of stretch on them.

I went for the same size as the Puma (xxl). For what it’s worth, I got the shorts also (I know full kit w****r at my age...! But intention is for a holiday next year [emoji1695]), and I got them in a Large, and they’re ideal fitting,also a bit of stretch on them.
Enjoy Burntisland beach with your replica top x

Just finished reading the weekly Rovers bulletin on the official website. Good interview with the Chairman and the Manager. Also,the article on Alan Miller and the promotion year of 1966/67 and the team we had then. If you are to young for these years have a read it really is interesting and takes me back to those happier days. It costs you nothing to read it and as I said previously it's full of information.

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Seems a good deal to me.

41 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

£190/£200 for the adult season ticket is very well priced, saving of around £30-£40 (based on £18 /match). Well played Rovers emoji1319.png

I would be hugely surprised if they don’t come in at £20 a match for Individual games. That would be more like £60-70, and would still be a good deal if there were some limits on attendance for a few games, especially as it includes streaming viewing rights for those games. The question I would have is about Raith TV and the Pixellot system. Will the streamed games, if necessary, be commented on, and by who? I guess Raith TV could switch to audio only broadcast for home games too, but hopefully us overseas fans will be able to get video still somehow.

Can anyone from Raith TV give us any idea where this stands?

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

I would be hugely surprised if they don’t come in at £20 a match for Individual games. That would be more like £60-70, and would still be a good deal if there were some limits on attendance for a few games, especially as it includes streaming viewing rights for those games. The question I would have is about Raith TV and the Pixellot system. Will the streamed games, if necessary, be commented on, and by who? I guess Raith TV could switch to audio only broadcast for home games too, but hopefully us overseas fans will be able to get video still somehow.

I'd be amazed if they charge for a £20 walk up punter. 

There's a lot of goodwill towards the club from the fans at the moment, but a 25% price hike for games against Alloa, Arbroath, Morton, QOS et al will see it evaporate fairly quickly. 

I'd be inclined to pitch it at £18 per game with the exception of Hearts, which should be £35, as they're an absolutely massive club and don't deserve to be in our league whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

What RaithTV is allowed to provide is determined at a national level. Unfortunately we haven’t had confirmation on the rules yet. Although we are preparing for many eventualities, ultimately we can’t commit to anything right now until more information on the rules and Pixellot streaming comes out.

Edited by Roath Raver

2 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

I'd be amazed if they charge for a £20 walk up punter. 

There's a lot of goodwill towards the club from the fans at the moment, but a 25% price hike for games against Alloa, Arbroath, Morton, QOS et al will see it evaporate fairly quickly. 

I'd be inclined to pitch it at £18 per game with the exception of Hearts, which should be £35, as they're an absolutely massive club and don't deserve to be in our league whatsoever. 

I don’t disagree with the thought or rational, but I £20+ is nearly universal in the Championship. Alloa is the only announced sub-£200 season ticket (£170), with the others starting at £210 (QoS). Doing the math, the £18 ticket is £234-252 on PATG, so anything more than £215 for a season ticket is less than a £2 pound a game savings.

So it comes down to season tickets ensure a funding stream, and if a season ticket ensures a streaming match view if the stadium is closed or limited, a bigger discount will encourage more sales. Once PATG prices are announced, we’ll see, because if it also saves about £60 (or just over £4.60 a match), it might sell more of them. At £18 PATG, the savings is down to £38 (or just under £3  a match)...still plenty good value. Your argument for paying back the Community support by keeping the increase down is pretty good.

If I recall correctly, Rovers sold around 800 PATG tickets per game, on average, last season. Discounting reduced price sales by dropping that to 600, you get 600 x £ x 13 = Revenue. At £18 the total is £140,400, while at £20 the total is £156,000...and if attendance is up significantly, as would be expected in the Championship, those figures easily could double. £15,600, or a possible £30-40,000, is not chump change and would be mostly borne by the visitors...and we’ll be paying those Pars £20 anyway.

You have to bear in mind tx that alot of people are struggling financially right now, the same as the club is. Putting prices up too much will result in people just not being able to attend/ watch.

The club have got the season ticket prices spot on imo. It will encourage more people to get them when you look at the prices being charged elsewhere aswell.

40 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I don’t disagree with the thought or rational, but I £20+ is nearly universal in the Championship. Alloa is the only announced sub-£200 season ticket (£170), with the others starting at £210 (QoS).

It really isn't. Alloa aren't £20. Arbroath won't be £20. We won't be £20. I think all your other opponents probably will be given Ayr are heading that way but that's still only 67% of your opposition. And you're not seriously competing in the same financial market as Hearts either. 2/3rds is not the same as "nearly universal" in anyone's book.