The New Raith Rovers Thread

53 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I don’t disagree with the thought or rational, but I £20+ is nearly universal in the Championship. Alloa is the only announced sub-£200 season ticket (£170), with the others starting at £210 (QoS). Doing the math, the £18 ticket is £234-252 on PATG, so anything more than £215 for a season ticket is less than a £2 pound a game savings.

So it comes down to season tickets ensure a funding stream, and if a season ticket ensures a streaming match view if the stadium is closed or limited, a bigger discount will encourage more sales. Once PATG prices are announced, we’ll see, because if it also saves about £60 (or just over £4.60 a match), it might sell more of them. At £18 PATG, the savings is down to £38 (or just under £3  a match)...still plenty good value. Your argument for paying back the Community support by keeping the increase down is pretty good.

If I recall correctly, Rovers sold around 800 PATG tickets per game, on average, last season. Discounting reduced price sales by dropping that to 600, you get 600 x £ x 13 = Revenue. At £18 the total is £140,400, while at £20 the total is £156,000...and if attendance is up significantly, as would be expected in the Championship, those figures easily could double. £15,600, or a possible £30-40,000, is not chump change and would be mostly borne by the visitors...and we’ll be paying those Pars £20 anyway.

Maths. 

3 hours ago, grumswall said:

You have to bear in mind tx that alot of people are struggling financially right now, the same as the club is. Putting prices up too much will result in people just not being able to attend/ watch.

The club have got the season ticket prices spot on imo. It will encourage more people to get them when you look at the prices being charged elsewhere as well.

Certainly agree here, but I’m not sure the club do completely. I hope you’re right and they do go for £18.

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It really isn't. Alloa aren't £20. Arbroath won't be £20. We won't be £20. I think all your other opponents probably will be given Ayr are heading that way but that's still only 67% of your opposition. And you're not seriously competing in the same financial market as Hearts either. 2/3rds is not the same as "nearly universal" in anyone's book.

Well, QoS have 13 games and a £210 season ticket price. That’s ~£16.15 a game, so the savings is all of £24 unless the team intends to rebate £15 to everyone that’s already paid to make it a better value. What were QoS tickets last year? Alloa, agreed, are £18...Arbroath have £220 season tickets, but 14 games, so a slightly better value,  but still tight if they intend £18 admission.

I’ll concede on the “universal” front, and as noted above, it would be nice to see £18 everywhere (and £36 for Hearts fans)...but I still wonder if QoS and Arbroath will hold the line at £18.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Well, QoS have 13 games and a £210 season ticket price. That’s ~£16.15 a game, so the savings is all of £24 unless the team intends to rebate £15 to everyone that’s already paid to make it a better value. What were QoS tickets last year? Alloa, agreed, are £18...Arbroath have £220 season tickets, but 14 games, so a slightly better value,  but still tight if they intend £18 admission.

I’ll concede on the “universal” front, and as noted above, it would be nice to see £18 everywhere (and £36 for Hearts fans)...but I still wonder if QoS and Arbroath will hold the line at £18.

We were £18 last year. It's not been formally confirmed yet for this year, partly due to uncertainty about when we'll be able to have walk ups but I'm 99.9% sure it won't be changed. The season ticket price is unchanged too (this year's price is 3/4 of last year's. Obviously it was set before we knew if we'd have 13 or 14 home games so you can play with stats about the number of games all you like but fundamentally a 3/4 season is being priced at 3/4 price. We're not changing anything.

Anyway, leaving the numbers aside it's a simple fact the statement of "near universal" for a £20 price in the Championship has no basis. Even if Arbroath put there's up to £20 which seems unlikely, there are still 22% of the other clubs no charging £20.

Sorry, I'm nit picking I know. 😉

Season tickets aren't a massive saving for any fan at this level. If you miss a couple of games, that's you essentially "lost out" fans who buy season tickets tend to do so through loyalty rather than for financial gain. It's the same reason very few people have taken refunds from their club for last season when most could have have easily seen that money go to better use.

I don’t disagree with the thought or rational, but I £20+ is nearly universal in the Championship. Alloa is the only announced sub-£200 season ticket (£170), with the others starting at £210 (QoS). Doing the math, the £18 ticket is £234-252 on PATG, so anything more than £215 for a season ticket is less than a £2 pound a game savings.

So it comes down to season tickets ensure a funding stream, and if a season ticket ensures a streaming match view if the stadium is closed or limited, a bigger discount will encourage more sales. Once PATG prices are announced, we’ll see, because if it also saves about £60 (or just over £4.60 a match), it might sell more of them. At £18 PATG, the savings is down to £38 (or just under £3  a match)...still plenty good value. Your argument for paying back the Community support by keeping the increase down is pretty good.

If I recall correctly, Rovers sold around 800 PATG tickets per game, on average, last season. Discounting reduced price sales by dropping that to 600, you get 600 x £ x 13 = Revenue. At £18 the total is £140,400, while at £20 the total is £156,000...and if attendance is up significantly, as would be expected in the Championship, those figures easily could double. £15,600, or a possible £30-40,000, is not chump change and would be mostly borne by the visitors...and we’ll be paying those Pars £20 anyway.

Wtf!! gimme yo speed contact [emoji857][emoji857]🤠[emoji317][emoji880][emoji860][emoji860][emoji860]

1 hour ago, grumswall said:
3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Season tickets aren't a massive saving for any fan at this level. If you miss a couple of games, that's you essentially "lost out" fans who buy season tickets tend to do so through loyalty rather than for financial gain. It's the same reason very few people have taken refunds from their club for last season when most could have have easily seen that money go to better use.

The last time I bought a season ticket, it ended up costing me around £30 per game based on the games that I actually went to. It didn't really bother me that much as the money was for the club but after that season I knew until the kids were a bit older I would be best sticking to just paying at the gate.

Edited by mrpaddyx

The last time I bought a season ticket, it ended up costing me around £30 per game based on the games that I actually went to. It didn't really bother me that much as the money was for the club but after that season I knew until the kids were a bit older I would be best sticking to just paying at the gate.

Pretty much it in a nutshell. When you buy a season ticket there's no gaurentee you will make every game. You could be ill, games can be postponed etc. You buy it to give the club money with the knowledge you might not attend every game.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

Pretty much it in a nutshell. When you buy a season ticket there's no gaurentee you will make every game. You could be ill, games can be postponed etc. You buy it to give the club money with the knowledge you might not attend every game.

All of this is absolutely true but the irony is this year may be the one time a season ticket has a significant tangible benefit. At this level grounds are never full and the only benefit is whatever small cost saving there may be. This season however with social distancing and limited crowds there is a very real possibility there will be matches thst ONLY being a season ticket holder will let you see. 

On the pay at the gate prices, we could do what we've done in previous seasons and categorise the games with different prices. If we did that I'd expect to see £20 for Hearts, Dunfermline and Dundee and £16/18 for the others.

There is no doubt that PATG prices will increase so the season prices are not too bad with the  exceptions of youngsters & families. I think from £40 actual to £65 is too much & there is

no discount for a Parent/Child combo. I think that like most other clubs we need an U12 price (when kids come with parents) & a slightly higher one for U18's . The extra £10 charge for new

s/t fans is unlikely to raise much revenue & is a disincentive to sales. Good job we don't have an ageing fanbase.

Let's just hope that we can all go to a match soon.

10 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

👀

He’s a goal machine at that level. His record at any decent level is not so encouraging... Got to trust JM’s judgement though I suppose. 6 foot plus so suits his preference for a physical hold up player in the striking role.

I guess he is also the Ghanaian striker that was spoken about.