The New Raith Rovers Thread

Interesting to read a few weeks back that apparently (according to Baird) that McGlynn had been telling the squad the season was not going to finish and that the Falkirk game was absolutely vital. 

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Interesting to read a few weeks back that apparently (according to Baird) that McGlynn had been telling the squad the season was not going to finish and that the Falkirk game was absolutely vital. 

Good management, he probably knew not losing was going to be vital no matter what came.

3 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Ach! I'm just totally scunnered with Scottish football and Thistle being an utter embarrassment for 3 seasons. But hey! We move on. League 2 here we come😂

I can understand that.

Although I have enjoyed a bit of schadenfreude at your club's expense, good luck for next season. I still prefer you to Falkirk fans would be good if you could keep them in League 1 for another season.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I can understand that.

Although I have enjoyed a bit of schadenfreude at your club's expense, good luck for next season. I still prefer you to Falkirk fans would be good if you could keep them in League 1 for another season.

Thanks. But I'm a right grumpy b*****d🤣

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

Good management, he probably knew not losing was going to be vital no matter what came.

Agree with this. It was clear before the Falkirk that things weren't going to fizzle out before the end of the season. At the Forfar game, the weekend after it was a lot more clearer. McGlynn clearly knew it was the case and was keeping an eye on the situation. Falkirk shat the bed when they came to Stark's until Munro came on and they then went for it. Both teams could've arguably won it. Over the games played, we were fully deserved winners. 

As for the result, I'm delighted with that. We've got promoted and there's no compensation which is beneficial to the leagues too. Hopefully we hear more about legal costs coming out in the next wee while. You'll hear endless amounts of crying from Hearts/Thistle fans about fairness, but not a peep about elements of their fans actively laughing at us saying they thought we'd go bust. Fucking brilliant that it's gone to shit for them. 

Arbitration still taking place RE who pays the fees. 

Lawyers, who will be paid on a time & materials basis, currently being paid to argue over who will ultimately pay their bills. Self-interest has its last act! 

13 minutes ago, Malky6424 said:

Now we wait for the Hearts n Partick to be demoted further with a points deduction for taking Raith, Utd n Cove to court.

Karma is a bitch!!!

Wouldn’t that be a beautiful scenario.