The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 hours ago, RaithRover123 said:

f**k it McCann is shite compared to Tait, your youth system is pish compared to ours 

Dylan played for Thistle and Hibs as a kid, never made it and went to Fife Elite before coming to Raith. So don’t see how that’s a Raith youth system success story.

Apparently close to asking to leaving us until he started v East Fife after Christmas, due to lack of game time.

The videos have been fab, I wasn’t too keen on the Anelka debacle. But it’s part of our history. I’d forgotten about John Martin, where did we get him from and what happened after he left us?

Didn’t realise Tait was Fife elite at all, I had thought he was know to McGurn from his collage and recommended to McGlynn that way. Always thought it must be weird having your former tutor as a teammate.

The videos have been fab, I wasn’t too keen on the Anelka debacle. But it’s part of our history. I’d forgotten about John Martin, where did we get him from and what happened after he left us?

Last seen playing as a ringer in the Fife’s Finest 7s well over a decade ago now.

36 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Dylan played for Thistle and Hibs as a kid, never made it and went to Fife Elite before coming to Raith. So don’t see how that’s a Raith youth system success story.

Apparently close to asking to leaving us until he started v East Fife after Christmas, due to lack of game time.

It’s a McGlynn youth system story, you have to choose the right players from Fife elite. And raith have brought through 2 good players in a year and Dunfermline have done nix again. 

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

We have the same youth system. 

In terms of structure, not in terms of players you offer youth contracts/apprenticeships to. The fact that Coulson, a dunfermilne local has turned his own local team down to join raith is an embarrassment for dunfermilne and I’ll say it again. Your youth system is shite.

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

John Martin has been involved with Glenrothes Juniors (now seniors) for a good few years. I think he's co-manager. 

15 hours ago, RaithRover123 said:

The fact that Coulson, a dunfermilne local has turned his own local team down to join raith is an embarrassment for dunfermilne and I’ll say it again. Your youth system is shite.

The advantage of being a smaller club  is that you generally have a lower standard of player, making it easier for youth to get a chance I guess. More attractive proposition for young players.

Edited by Chubbychops

2 hours ago, RaithRover123 said:

In terms of structure, not in terms of players you offer youth contracts/apprenticeships to. The fact that Coulson, a dunfermilne local has turned his own local team down to join raith is an embarrassment for dunfermilne and I’ll say it again. Your youth system is shite.

You're looking far, far, far too much into this, was it embarrassing when McCann came to Dunfermline? 

You can say it again, we have the same youth system. 

12 hours ago, DanElderRRFC said:

That’s the last of the highlights by the way folks, I’ll stop spamming the thread every night now! I’ve really enjoyed doing them and hopefully some of you have enjoyed watching them as well emoji1360.png

I've enjoyed them and I'm absolutely not a Raith fan, cheers Dan. 

48 minutes ago, michaeljohnstone said:

Dunfermline fans are a lot nicer than Falkirk fans.

Just wait until the buildup to the first Fife Derby, then multiply that that for the first one with fans. 

I can't wait to hate each and every Raith fan that ever stepped foot on the planet, I'll get over it after the game, until the next time. 

4 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

I’d forgotten about John Martin, where did we get him from and what happened after he left us?

Had a decent career in the Juniors. He was the star player at Glenrothes when I last saw him a few years ago - prolific at that level.

4 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

It's the advantage of being a smaller club  is that you generally have a lower standard of player, making it easier for youth to get a chance I guess. More attractive proposition for young players.

The disadvantage of being a bigger club is that its followed by bigger arseholes.