The New Raith Rovers Thread

31 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Fans of other teams really don't understand our keeper history! Maybe we're being over cautious nowadays. 

I was waiting for JM to say in his interview that he has 2 number 1's now - it was ominous for Robbie Thomson that he didn't.

There is absolutely zero chance there is any genuine debate about who is number 1.

Trying to listen to the interview with our latest signing again as I have asked over a period of years if the Raith  TV can turn the sound up as I am very hard of hearing. Even when I have my aids in it's like trying to lip read.  So come on boys give us hearing impaired people  chance to enjoy the interviews.

26 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Reckon an established right back and a centre half will be 2 of the 3 next signings. 

Hope your right about the centre half not sure that 3 of the 4 we have are good enough. We must ensure firstly we are hard to  beat, our midfield will do okay and then we must hope Vaughan stays fit and we get a couple of decent strikers in as Jack Smith appears injury prone and Grant Anderson probably should IMO been released.

Hope your right about the centre half not sure that 3 of the 4 we have are good enough. We must ensure firstly we are hard to  beat, our midfield will do okay and then we must hope Vaughan stays fit and we get a couple of decent strikers in as Jack Smith appears injury prone and Grant Anderson probably should IMO been released.
JMcG says he's after a right back, winger and 2 strikers. Get used to perming a CB combination from Davo, Bene, McKay and Mendy.

12 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
24 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

JMcG says he's after a right back, winger and 2 strikers. Get used to perming a CB combination from Davo, Bene, McKay and Mendy.

I'm sure McGlynn will want the option of playing 5 at the back on occasion and just like last season he'll bring in another centre half. It's just a pity that Anderson's spoken for this time.

25 minutes ago, michaeljohnstone said:

Mendy will come good. If he doesn’t I’ll give everyone who likes this a 5er come August.

I'll take that and bet that's he's out on loan by October. 

1 hour ago, steakngravy said:

Trying to listen to the interview with our latest signing again as I have asked over a period of years if the Raith  TV can turn the sound up as I am very hard of hearing. Even when I have my aids in it's like trying to lip read.  So come on boys give us hearing impaired people  chance to enjoy the interviews.

Sorry you are having trouble listening to the interview. The audio is captured at the correct level for the equipment we have available. If we were to turn the gain up further  on our end, with the equipment we have available, the sound would be distorted, and capturing clean audio is a challenge as is outdoors on a windy day. A possibility is viewing the video through the YouTube app on a smart tv (search for RaithTV), as a tv should give you better volume than a phone or laptop.

‪Despite taking an early lead, Rovers were thrashed by Partick Thistle at Firhill.‬

‪Pat Clarke grabbed a double for Raith Rovers in an entertaining 3-3 draw with Clyde.‬

Following a home defeat by St. Johnstone, Raith’s relegation to the Second Division was confirmed with seven games still left to play.

Chuffed to bits with MacDonald signing, did not expect that. Gutted that Anderson signed with Forfar, but he does have injury problems. We can’t afford another season of injury worries. I really hope Vaughan has an injury free season. Ice up both knees before and after every game if need be. I’m absolutely shitting myself that Mendy could be a starter next season. 

24 minutes ago, michaeljohnstone said:

Not sure if I can legally do this but I forgot the league one season isn’t till october. I have extended it to October 10.

Geez £3 and I'll let you cash me out now 😁