The New Raith Rovers Thread

‪Poor finishing from both sides meant Raith and Partick Thistle had to settle for a point a piece as the match in Kirkcaldy ended goalless.‬

‪Goals from Derek Lyle and Eric Paton gave Queen of the South a comfortable win over Raith Rovers.‬

‪Hamilton got the win against Raith thanks to an incredible volley by Brian McPhee three minutes before the end.‬

This is what is being retained from last seasons squad and in fairness I can see the argument for each player retained.

At the end of the day its a league winning squad so wholesale changes are not necessarily needed. We've all seen mcglynn get the absurd results from limited players in the past.

So far we have 1 keeper potentially another needed. A right back and a centre back are needed, sad to see miller go i thought he was excellent in the first half of last season.

I think the midfield from last season is more than good enough for this division and would look for a wide player to add to it. Expecting Hendry and Tait to kick on.

Up front there are no 2 ways about it this is a full rebuild job. It's a big season for Lewis, he has the talent but is cursed with injuries. 

The window is running until October and we never get our business taken care of until late on so we'll just have to wait and see.

40 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

A bit harsh on Miller considering some of the others given new contracts. I can only hope it's because McGlynn has an ace up his sleeve for the right back position. 

I think he has, I also think he has another centre back up there too!

All the players signed today were already contracted to us thus the announcements, but we may have to wait until 31st July (or individual contracts) for news on the new arrivals.

Miller has a pretty serious underlying injury issue hence him being punted. 

In other news see the walk to Tannadice from KDY has been scuppered by the plod and now walking from Tay Bridge car park to Tannadice. 

24 minutes ago, DanElderRRFC said:

‪Poor finishing from both sides meant Raith and Partick Thistle had to settle for a point a piece as the match in Kirkcaldy ended goalless.‬

‪Goals from Derek Lyle and Eric Paton gave Queen of the South a comfortable win over Raith Rovers.‬

‪Hamilton got the win against Raith thanks to an incredible volley by Brian McPhee three minutes before the end.‬

Is that a young Willie Gibson and Paul Burns for QoTS? 

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yes, both about 20 then and fairly early in their first team careers.

Palmerston looking utterly resplendent. 

That's a solid group of youth players to have coming through at one time. 

4 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

I've thought that for the past 2 seasons since we lost JT, alas just square pegs in round holes 

He found a LB and a centre mid last season, maybe this time it'll be the holy grail and he'll land a RB and a 30 goal a season striker.

We can always hope.

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

He found a LB and a centre mid last season, maybe this time it'll be the holy grail and he'll land a RB and a 30 goal a season striker.

We can always hope.

Building an all-conquering team over 4 years a la Klopp? 

I like it! 

4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Palmerston looking utterly resplendent. 

That's a solid group of youth players to have coming through at one time. 

2? We didnt really have anyone else of note around that time or the immediate years either side that I recall though we had 2 or 3 crackers come through 4 or 5 years earlier with Chris Doig, Jamie McAlister and David Lilley.

Our best group was the group who began to come through under Gus MacPherson, Allan Johnston, Jim McIntyre from sort of 2011 to 2014. We got Kevin Holt, Gavin Reilly, Ian McShane, to an extent Dan Carmichael, Steven Black, a more than able keeper in Jim Atkinson and Dan Orsi might have been as good as any of them if serious injury hadnt screwed him. 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

There’s a certain amount of irony that the police won’t allow folk to walk from Stark’s Park to Tannadice as it isn’t safe, but they’ve been quite happy to allow 1500 folk to walk up a blind bend on Pratt Street every fortnight with the road open for the last few years.

21 hours ago, grumswall said:
21 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Ours seems to be John Baird. Though the player himself tends to get more seething than our support and usually ends up having a rotten game. Hopefully he hasn't calmed down and this continues into next season.

He's away to Australia.

20 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Sake :(

That's Japan you're thinking of. 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

clipping0 (16).jpg

We were unlikely to be offering Anderson a two year deal when we could be in the Championship next season, fair play to him for getting that at Forfar.

What we saw yesterday was players who were happy to take a 1 year deal, potentially playing in League 1 next season.  That's the harsh reality of this situation, until it's resolved.