The New Raith Rovers Thread

He popped his shoulder in the wafer Cup and then slowly seen his game time get less and less from there. He does offer us something different but I think l1 is most likely his level nowadays.

One thing you will get from Ando is 100% every time he plays. All the players think he is under-rated ( watch bairdies interview) will surprise a few people this year and maybe happy to be a squad player

People need to remember we need a squad of players. Remember when we had 8 or 9 players out November/December time last year and still kept churning out results. We’d all love a squad 22 equally talented players but that’s not how it works at this level.

Happy JM has went with players he trusts. Even if we sign up every player who is out of contract (unlikely) that’ll still leave us 8 players down on last season so there is still scope to add the additional quality we require. Vaughan back available is already like a new signing (although given his injury record he can’t be relied upon for 27 games).

I honestly don’t think we need much to be a decent side at this level. A right back, a centre half, a couple of strikers, another winger and maybe a keeper and I think we look pretty strong. That’s 6 additions replacing 8 outgoings (And it’ll be more than that if Miller or Dingwall don’t re-sign) We have 12 weeks till our first competitive game to make those additions.

Thomson/New Keeper

New RB    
New CB   
Bene     
MacDonald

Matthews    
Spencer     
Hendry

Vaughan   
New Striker    
Armstrong

Looks a decent team to me and leaves McGurn, Davo, McKay, Anderson, Tait, Smith as well as the youngsters as back up along space for another couple of additions for depth.

If there are no new signings in the next 12 weeks then by all means panic but I think at the moment some people need to settle down. Consistency always plays a key part in McGlynn’s success, he took a team from 7th to title challengers by basically only adding John Baird and Willie Dyer IIRC. He knows what he’s doing.

Edited by R.R.FC

Just now, Wardy said:

To be honest we are lucky to have players commit to us, considering we STILL don’t know what league we will be in next season....

I doubt many of the players we've announced today would have been inundated with better offers. 

One thing you will get from Ando is 100% every time he plays. All the players think he is under-rated ( watch bairdies interview) will surprise a few people this year and maybe happy to be a squad player
I like ando and he does offer us something different. I do think at this stage in his career the championship is maybe a stretch too far for him though. I'm happy to be proven wrong though.
Unless we can let Mendy go, I think that's us from a CB perspective. 
That would be worrying.

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Are we to assume that the players not mentioned have been released? Or have some been offered deals and have either declined them or not made up their minds yet? 

Could do that as a series of tweets:

"WHO WANTED MORE MONEY, FIND OUT AT 8PM"

WHO WAS GENERALLY JUST SHITE, ROOM AT ANOTHER CLUB?"

Edited by renton

14 minutes ago, michaeljohnstone said:

We’re playing in League One again aren’t we.

13 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Unless we can let Mendy go, I think that's us from a CB perspective. 

11 minutes ago, renton said:

Unless he's being converted to a right back, full time.

10 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

A frightening prospect. 

I'd bet on us getting another CB in, McGlynn realised that Mendy wasn't up to snuff so he punted him on loan and brought in Anderson. What makes you think he'll be happy to kick off in the league upstairs with a trio that struggled at times in L1?

Mendy will be loaned out again and there'll be another centre back brought in, it makes no sense not to.

5 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I'd bet on us getting another CB in, McGlynn realised that Mendy wasn't up to snuff so he punted him on loan and brought in Anderson. What makes you think he'll be happy to kick off in the league upstairs with a trio that struggled at times in L1?

Mendy will be loaned out again and there'll be another centre back brought in, it makes no sense not to.

the fact that he re-signed all three?

Edited by renton

18 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

People need to remember we need a squad of players. Remember when we had 8 or 9 players out November/December time last year and still kept churning out results. We’d all love a squad 22 equally talented players but that’s not how it works at this level.

Happy JM has went with players he trusts. Even if we sign up every player who is out of contract (unlikely) that’ll still leave us 8 players down on last season so there is still scope to add the additional quality we require. Vaughan back available is already like a new signing (although given his injury record he can’t be relied upon for 27 games).

I honestly don’t think we need much to be a decent side at this level. A right back, a centre half, a couple of strikers, another winger and maybe a keeper and I think we look pretty strong. That’s 6 additions replacing 8 outgoings (And it’ll be more than that if Miller or Dingwall don’t re-sign) We have 12 weeks till our first competitive game to make those additions.

Thomson/New Keeper

New RB    
New CB   
Bene     
MacDonald

Matthews    
Spencer     
Hendry

Vaughan   
New Striker    
Armstrong

Looks a decent team to me and leaves McGurn, Davo, McKay, Anderson, Tait, Smith as well as the youngsters as back up along space for another couple of additions for depth.

If there are no new signings in the next 12 weeks then by all means panic but I think at the moment some people need to settle down. Consistency always plays a key part in McGlynn’s success, he took a team from 7th to title challengers by basically only adding John Baird and Willie Dyer IIRC. He knows what he’s doing.

Cant disagree with that, though I think Miller will be signed up and played at right back (though I'd prefer a new signing in there and Miller the Filler) 

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

A final announcement coming at 7.30pm

Only Dingwall and Miller left? I’d prefer Miller but think it’ll be Dingwall. Michael Miller is on the PFA list of available players.