The New Raith Rovers Thread

Thomson and McGurn. The latter won't play again barring emergencies, surely. Thomson is bang average but another you expected to re-sign

Still, developing an early cold sweat

Edited by renton

We need to be doing better than Benedictus and Davidson in the Championship. The latter is not a good use of a full time wage. Surely, and I mean surely, we will also find a means of moving Mendy on? 

McGurn is one of my favourite players of all time, but I am afraid I think we are using our probably limited budget poorly here so far. 
He is more a coach these days but will be there if needed. Its probably a good use of the budget as it saves us going out and getting a coach on top of another 'keeper.

26 minutes ago, Michael W said:

We need to be doing better than Benedictus and Davidson in the Championship. The latter is not a good use of a full time wage. Surely, and I mean surely, we will also find a means of moving Mendy on? 

I saw Davidson’s photo on Facebook and I thought of you. 😆

8 minutes ago, grumswall said:
26 minutes ago, Michael W said:
McGurn is one of my favourite players of all time, but I am afraid I think we are using our probably limited budget poorly here so far. 

He is more a coach these days but will be there if needed. Its probably a good use of the budget as it saves us going out and getting a coach on top of another 'keeper.

This ultimately depends on whether McGlynn wants to bring in another' keeper. I would say we are now done in this department. 

Edited by Michael W

I'd argue McGurn will be one of the smartest uses of our budget. He's as good a 3rd choice as we'll get and he takes on a part time coaching role.

Just now, kev23 said:

I'd argue McGurn will be one of the smartest uses of our budget. He's as good a 3rd choice as we'll get and he takes on a part time coaching role.

Only if we are now done and the young GK we have is deemed second choice. 

Will Lewis Allan be seen again in these parts, or do we essentially have Lewis Vaughan and Jack Smith as our only forwards at the moment?

How is Vaughan’s recovery going? Getting on for 10 months since the injury.

Edited by Scary Bear