The New Raith Rovers Thread

Think we watched different games

I’m with the other guy. I thought he looked cumbersome in pre season and certainly not someone you could trust week in, week out. That’s even more relevant now that we will likely be in the championship.

The only pre season game I watched was the Stirling one, and he looked decent enough in that.

Was terrible in the competitive games though.  Wasnt as bad against Inverness, but still wasnt good.

Mcglynn doesn't hand out 2 year deals like sweeties though, so there must be something there....surely?

7 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

The only pre season game I watched was the Stirling one, and he looked decent enough in that.

Was terrible in the competitive games though.  Wasnt as bad against Inverness, but still wasnt good.

Mcglynn doesn't hand out 2 year deals like sweeties though, so there must be something there....surely?

Did he not give a 2 year deal to Scott McBride?

He's usually pretty good but there is the odd misstep in there...

Edited by renton

Mendy stood out in. team that was 3 leagues below where we will hopefully be playing next season.

Much as I'd like the guy to be the next cult hero at Starks I just cant see it.

He was rarely mentioned by McGlynn even at that point when we were short of defenders and many of us were wondering if he'd be recalled.  I wouldn't be too surprised if the gaffer cut his losses here and offered him a severance deal.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf he doesn't need to move house to play for Forfar, and there's at least 4 players he's played with previously there just now as far as I can see.

😂 Kirkcaldy isn't exactly a red eye flight away! I expect he could have commuted. There are lots of reasons why Steven Anderson will have committed to Forfar (fitness concerns / job offer outside football / a concern that he might not be up to Championship anymore, etc). I doubt the location of his house is one of them!

EDIT - And that was before I read later in the thread he lives in Dunfermline!

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Every team needs an evil little b*****d for the other teams to hate and overly concentrate on.

Ours seems to be John Baird. Though the player himself tends to get more seething than our support and usually ends up having a rotten game. Hopefully he hasn't calmed down and this continues into next season.

Ours seems to be John Baird. Though the player himself tends to get more seething than our support and usually ends up having a rotten game. Hopefully he hasn't calmed down and this continues into next season.
He's away to Australia.

11 hours ago, TxRover said:

At the risk of repeating myself; a keeper, a center defenseman, a right defenseman, 

I hope you've never used the term defenseman in regards to football before and I certainly hope you never use it again. 

Edited by Grant228

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I hope you've never used the worse defenseman in regards to football before and I certainly hope you never use it again. 

Wait until he starts talking about 4 backs and 5 backs.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Oh FFS, here we go again. 🙄

I've heard that Lewis Vaughan's wages are paid by a secret organisation from China. Do you think that will now become gospel repeated on here all the time?

God! Huawei certainly have  their tentacles everywhere.

Edited by Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier